President Trump

bbsam

Staff member
He did, with the best example, a US passport. They are under the jurisdiction of the law and can be held accountable for civil wrongs, same as you would be in Italy. Are you an Italian national? I think you should understand the definition of jurisdiction.
Are you Franco Harris?
Maybe you can explain it to me and the WSJ.

bbsam

Staff member
But as citizens of another country they have allegiance to that country. If you don't believe that go into an area with a lot of Mexican immigrants and count the Mexican flags.
So what am I to think when I drive through Mississippi and see the Confederate flag flying on every corner?

floridays

Maybe you can explain it to me and the WSJ.
It was on the opinion page. Court rooms exist only for argument, best advice is to stay out of one as a defendant or respondent, If you make money there it can be very lucrative however. Decisions aren't rendered on an opinion page or internet forum. It's obvious I have my opinion as does the WSJ. Full disclosure, I still haven't read the piece, I do understand why it was on the opinion page however. I'll pull it up after I hit the post reply.

vantexan

It was on the opinion page. Court rooms exist only for argument, best advice is to stay out of one as a defendant or respondent, If you make money there it can be very lucrative however. Decisions aren't rendered on an opinion page or internet forum. It's obvious I have my opinion as does the WSJ. Full disclosure, I still haven't read the piece, I do understand why it was on the opinion page however. I'll pull it up after I hit the post reply.
Of course the RINOS don't want the flow of illegals stopped. Cheap labor. Republicans are almost their own worst enemy.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
But as citizens of another country they have allegiance to that country. If you don't believe that go into an area with a lot of Mexican immigrants and count the Mexican flags.

Maybe but that's irrelevant.
Still comes down to the intent of the writers of the amendment. If it's in the Congressional record what was intended then there's a legal basis for consideration.
Nothing you had in that first post was relevant nor would it appear in the Congressional record.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The writer of the amendment debated it with others in Congress and assured them it would only apply to freed slaves, not foreigners. It's in the Congressional record.
Sounds reasonable but that still has nothing to do with your first post.