Question in regards to lay offs.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Where I am they are making full-time drivers literally bump the lowest person in the building. It sucks having to go load for two shifts so I rarely go into the building.

I am also good for health insurance with one report. If I don't work in feeders I will sometimes have to call and take a sick or option day to maintain coverage for that week. The part-time plan may be different.

barnyard

KTM rider
Your bet is to be in a skilled position. A FTer can bump any nonskilled PT position. The only time a FTer can bump a skilled position is if they were skilled as a PTer and have more seniority then the skilled person they are bumping (in Central.)

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Your bet is to be in a skilled position. A FTer can bump any nonskilled PT position. The only time a FTer can bump a skilled position is if they were skilled as a PTer and have more seniority then the skilled person they are bumping (in Central.)
I looked in the contract but seen no info like that. Do you know where it is? Thanks.

CanOSup

One of them
I couldn't agree more with your comments, I appreciate them as do my coworkers. To answer your question as to how someone that has devoted over half their life with the company (yes only part time but still...m-friend for 30 plus years is a true dedication) Well this is happening due to the small size of our center. We have around 30 preloaders , high 40 drivers , and a local sort consisting of 9 employees. A couple of guys that have a couple of years under their belt, next is me with 14, followed by my brother from another mother with 20 plus, next the old school mentors of our small shift with each having 30 plus years. We are a dysfunctional family , but it works and we get our work done , efficiently while having fun but now we are temporarily losing hours to guys that haven't even worked our job. Just seems strange. We were hired as package handlers and half of our replacements were hired as drivers. I am not sure what constitutes a skilled job but I know my position as a small sort sorter is not something these guys know, nor is international packages etc. I am not trying to come off as a bitchy worker and i respect UPS decisions etc but with that said it seems unfair, not just to part timers but the drivers as well.
May I ask what center in Maine?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Did not know that thanks for updating me on the rules. I have a lot of friends in Maine just curious

Nobody ever reads Terms of Service.

There was just a guy on the news that found out he cannot sue Samsung for the burns he received from a Note 7 fire because he did not read the TOS to find out that he had 30 days to opt out of arbitration, from the date he bought the phone, if he ever wanted to sue.

You are welcome to peruse the terms,

Help | BrownCafe - UPSers talking about UPS

but here is the one in question.

8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, last name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.