Question, needs answers. No trolls please.

quad decade guy

I think I worded it wrong a dispatcher told the management I quit when I never told them I quit
Ok. What happened? So, you were separated from the company? How and when were you advised of this? And that very second....what happened? Exactly now.

So, you came to work to punch in and someone in dispatch or mgt. said "We heard you quit/resigned....".

You challenged this that very second....right? You've filed a grievance....right?.......talked to your union steward.

How bizarre....

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I was put I quit by a dispatcher when I never quit
Seems pretty simple then.
Saying “ I hate this place, I quit” to a co-worker is not the same as a formal statement to your management person.
Just show up at your next scheduled time.... if that has passed, you have a struggle on your hands.

Themanthatdid

Ok. What happened? So, you were separated from the company? How and when were you advised of this? And that very second....what happened? Exactly now.

So, you came to work to punch in and someone in dispatch or mgt. said "We heard you quit/resigned....".

You challenged this that very second....right? You've filed a grievance....right?.......talked to your union steward.

How bizarre....
No I talked to the dispatcher ON THE PHONE about what was the procedure to quit the proper way if I decided to they informed me if that was a choice that I decided to make turn in my badge in uniform and I never did next thing I know I stop getting calls I call my supervisor and he tells me the dispatcher sent a message saying I quit . I never told any I quit this happened last Friday 05/21 I’m on call so I don’t always get calls but on Friday I do I didn’t get a call so I called my sup this past Friday and filed a grievance

Themanthatdid

Seems pretty simple then.
Saying “ I hate this place, I quit” to a co-worker is not the same as a formal statement to your management person.
Just show up at your next scheduled time.... if that has passed, you have a struggle on your hands.
I’m on call so I don’t have a scheduled time they don’t call everyday but on fridays they do I didn’t get a call so Friday morning I called my sup and told them what happened and that when he informed me I wasn’t in the system anymore the dispatcher sent a email saying I quit

Themanthatdid

That's odd. Did you "abandon your job"? Go home when they told you to do something else?
That's odd. Did you "abandon your job"? Go home when they told you to do something else?
No I talked to the dispatcher ON THE PHONE about what was the procedure to quit the proper way if I decided to they informed me if that was a choice that I decided to make turn in my badge in uniform and I never did next thing I know I stop getting calls I call my supervisor and he tells me the dispatcher sent a message saying I quit . I never told any I quit

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I was a dispatcher and an employee asked me what was the proper procedure for quitting I would probably tell their supervisor "Hey, just a heads up your boy Joe is planning to quit". I'm guessing that's what happened here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No I talked to the dispatcher ON THE PHONE about what was the procedure to quit the proper way if I decided to they informed me if that was a choice that I decided to make turn in my badge in uniform and I never did next thing I know I stop getting calls I call my supervisor and he tells me the dispatcher sent a message saying I quit . I never told any I quit
Do you pay union dues?
If so contact your business agent
If not beat it @Barney

Themanthatdid

If I was a dispatcher and an employee asked me what was the proper procedure for quitting I would probably tell their supervisor "Hey, just a heads up your boy Joe is planning to quit". I'm guessing that's what happened here.
No I said I was just asking once again they told me if I choose to do it turn in badge etc and I NEVER did they sent out a email to all sups that Monday say I quit

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I called my sup and told them what happened and that when he informed me I wasn’t in the system anymore the dispatcher sent a email saying I quit
Well, normally the conversation would continue and you’d explain and the Sup would say “sorry”, or “ok, I understand”.....

“You did the right thing by coming to Brown Cafe”.....

over9five

Staff member
Welp, sounds like a misunderstanding. But seeing as you're definitely talking about quitting, they won't try to help you fix this.
Best hope is with the union.
Why in the world would you ask anyhow? You really don't know how to quit? Seems weird, that all....

Themanthatdid

Every job has they’re own procedures and all I asked was about the procedure since when ask about something means that’s what I want , i was talking about quitting I was asking if someone was to quit what would be the procedure I didn’t even say myself so it was a misunderstanding but u shouldn’t just do something with out confirming first and my supervisor never contacted me to confirm anything

quad decade guy

Which means absolutely....NOTHING.

He has said that he's filed a grievance.....should be cleared up shortly. It will have to heard.....he still has his badge and uniform....

Here getting past security would be pretty easy.......unless there was a "wanted poster".

I would think a visit with the Hall would get things moving....would think.