Random Christmas things

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I always wanted to say it and this morning as I arrived a half hour late for my full time job I saw my boss at the door as I walked in.I said "I am behind my time ,I was making rather merry yesterday" He smiled but didn't raise my salary. LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
Drove around after dark to see Christmas lights. Stayed in our development....300 homes. A lot less lights than last year. As always, we have the most and it looks like Santa's house on our block!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
No one can fracture a Christmas carol better than a kid. Sing along with these new takes on old favorites:
- Deck the Halls with Buddy Holly
- We three kings of porridge and tar
- On the first day of Christmas my tulip gave to me
- Later on we'll perspire, as we dream by the fire.
- He's makin' a list, chicken and rice.
- Noel. Noel, Barney's the king of Israel.
- With the jelly toast proclaim

oldngray

nowhere special
h2EF17C9E

moreluck

golden ticket member
AMAZING CHRISTMAS FACTS - The Tree Tradition
Holiday Past
The first American mention of a Christmas tree was in 1747, and, strictly speaking, it wasn't a tree at all but a wooden pyramid covered with evergreen bows and decorated with apples.
Holiday Present
Once the tree idea caught on, it grew by leaps and bounds. More than 34 to 36 million Christmas trees are now produced each year in the United States. The industry employs over 100,000 people, and over 1 million acres of land have been planted with Christmas Trees.
Artificial Trees
Holiday Past
Artificial Christmas trees were on the market by 1900. They were available by mail from Sears, Roebuck and Company, and cost 50 cents for 33 limbs, or a dollar for 55 limbs.
Holiday Present
Most artificial trees are now manufactured in Korea, Taiwan, or Hong Kong and contain non-beodegradable plastics and metals. They usually range in price from $200 to $2,000.
Holiday Mail
Holiday Past The first Christmas card, created by a London businessman, was printed in England in 1843. Three years later, the first commercial Christmas Cards were available to the public. One thousand cards in all were produced and they were an instant success.

moreluck

golden ticket member
TOP 10 USES FOR HOLIDAY FRUITCAKES
10. Use slices to balance that wobbly kitchen table.
9. Use instead of sand bags during El Nino.
8. Send to U.S. Air Force, let troops drop them.
7. Use as railroad ties.
6. Use as speed bumps to foil the neighborhood drag racers.
5. Collect ten and use them as bowling pins.
4. Use instead of cement shoes.
3. Save for next summer's garage sale.
2. Use slices in next skeet-shooting competition.
1. Two words--pin cushion.