• 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 cup white wine
  • 1/3 cup clam juice
  • 3/4 cup whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.

Add the tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup parsley, and the red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the wine, clam juice, and heavy cream. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, the cooked shrimp, the cooked pasta, and the remaining herbs. Toss together until all ingredients are coated. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.

Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve immediately.

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis

Z

ZQXC

We're not suppose to turn on our Christmas lights 'til Thanksgiving night. My neighbor and I decided to turn on our lights on Wednesday night just to be rebellious. What'll they do to us ?

We have a neighbor that for sure will report us. I'm planning on using the senility defense.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We turned on our lights last night and Lt. Frank Drebin didn't squeal to a stop out front to issue a citation. I can hear 'He's a Rebel' in my head right now.(substitute "She's" a Rebel)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby was at Lowes at 5:00 a.m. when they opened. He was the only customer there at that time. Got his Kobalt heat gun.
His project is he's stripping the front door and re-painting it. The sun hits that door and really does a number on it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Crazy time of year. All presents will be checks or gift cards. I won't have to mess with crowds, unless I choose to.
Sometimes I just like to get coffee and sit down and watch the crazies!!