Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
IMPORTANCE OF DRINKING ENOUGH WATER:

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters who took part in a U-Washington study.

5. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Three Musketeers bar was introduced in 1932. The original 3 Musketeers had 3 bars in one wrapper, each with a different flavor.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Strange Business Facts.............

The less intelligent the idea, and the person stating it, the more likely it will be funded.

A man with one watch is certain about time. A man with two watches isn't.

The more knowledge you gain, the less certain you are of it.

Technicians are the only ones that don't trust technology.

The more you want to contact someone over an instant messenger is inversely proportional to the chances that they will be online.

The more important your email is, the worse your email program will screw it up.

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Vodka is very useful Who Knew???

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, Saturate the bandage with vodka. The stuff dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, Fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, Let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, Simply wipe the lenses with a soft, Clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka And letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on wine stains, Scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face. As an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, And stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka And spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9 Pour one-half cup vodka And one-half cup water into a Ziploc freezer bag And freeze for a slushy, refreshing ice pack for aches, Pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar With freshly packed lavender flowers, Fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly And set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, Then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a wash cloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, Wash your feet with vodka.

13 Vodka will disinfect And alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy To remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today's useless fact - Is Tweety Bird a boy or a girl?

The simple answer is: Tweety Bird is whatever gender Warner Brothers says it is. And Warner Brothers says Tweety's a boy.

So why all the confusion? Is it the sky-high eyelashes? The all- around cuteness? As it turns out, Tweety's original name was Orson. Had Tweety kept this macho moniker, the great gender debate never would have started. Alas, Orson was dropped, leaving future fans to wonder what the heck they were looking at.

The bird was initially pink, not yellow. Censors took issue with the color. They felt people might think the little guy was nude (and lord knows we can't have naked animals). So -- voilà, yellow feathers. The early Tweety also didn't shy away from violence toward his predators. Of course, he's now known for his questionable charms and innocence.

Tweety first appeared with his nemesis, Sylvester, in a cartoon called "Tweetie Pie." It won Warner Brothers their first Academy Award for a cartoon. Considering his popularity over the years, perhaps ol' Tweet was the WB's good luck charm. Check out the links in the Tweety Bird category for more.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Since reading the Sunday comics (July 31) I am convinced I suffer from the disease of BLPS !!

Bad Line Picker Syndrome. It's a condition suffered by 6% of adults who chronically get into the slowest line at, say, the grocery store, movies, security at the airport or when picking a toll booth line on the highway.

Sufferers of BLPS invariably can look at lines that are apparently of identical length but always choose the line that is going much more slowly. There is no known cure.

(Rudy Park by Darrin Bell and Theron Heir)

brownedout

Since reading the Sunday comics (July 31) I am convinced I suffer from the disease of BLPS !!

Bad Line Picker Syndrome. It's a condition suffered by 6% of adults who chronically get into the slowest line at, say, the grocery store, movies, security at the airport or when picking a toll booth line on the highway.

Sufferers of BLPS invariably can look at lines that are apparently of identical length but always choose the line that is going much more slowly. There is no known cure.

(Rudy Park by Darrin Bell and Theron Heir)
Seriously, which line would you pick? Then chose another, has been working wonders for me. And if it doesn't work out to my/your advantage in a particular case, spin a different light on it.

klein

Für Meno :)
Seriously, which line would you pick? Then chose another, has been working wonders for me. And if it doesn't work out to my/your advantage in a particular case, spin a different light on it.

I usually just take a quick look on how experienced the staff (clerk) is. If they are up to speed and talk very little, that's my lane !
If one is slow, and talks or has trouble punching in codes (like as in veggies) - I avoid those lanes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I use the self-serve checkout line.

That machine always croaks with produce and coupons. It calls for assistance and a real person has to come anyway. I use the self scan if I only have regular stuff and no crossed out sale items where the price is crossed out and a hand written price is marked.....like deli premade sandwiches.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You learn something everyday................yesterday, I learned that Wayne Rogers.....(Trapper John from MASH) is CEO part owner of Kleinfeld's Bridal in Manhatten. That's the famous place on "Say Yes to the Dress". He was brought in and turned the company around.
Wanna feel old? He's 77 now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Life Lesson...........

Never, under any circumstance, should you compliment a woman on her mustache, no matter how impressive it may be.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tips for Managers
1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:00pm and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2. If it's really a "rush job", run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it's going. That helps. Or even better, hover behind me, advising me at every keystroke.

3. Always leave without telling anyone where you're going. It gives me a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4. Wait until my yearly review and THEN tell me what my goals SHOULD have been. Give me a mediocre performance rating with a cost of living increase. I'm not here for the money anyway.

5. If you give me more than one job to do, don't tell me which is the priority. I like being a psychic.

6. Do your best to keep me late. I adore this office and really have nowhere to go or anything to do. I have no life beyond work.

7. If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret. If that gets out, it could mean a promotion.

8. If you don't like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in conversations. I was born to be whipped.

9. If you have special instructions for a job, don't write them down. In fact, save them until the job is almost done. No use confusing me with useful information.

10. Never introduce me to the people you're with. I have no right to know anything. In the corporate food chain, I am plankton. When you refer to them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11. Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice to know someone is less fortunate. I especially like the story about having to pay so much taxes on the bonus check you received for being such a good manager.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I called my stockbroker and asked him what I should be Buying. He said, "If the current administration is in
Office much longer, canned goods and ammunition is your
Best bet."

moreluck

golden ticket member
hint -

Honey remedy for Skin Blemishes......Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a band-aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ONE AT A TIME

This probably sounds crazy, but just yesterday I was in Wal Mart looking for a wastebasket. I found some made in China for $6.99. I didn't want to pay that much so I asked the lady if they had any others. She took me to another department and they had some at 2.50 made in USA. They are just as good.

Same as a kitchen rug I needed. I had to look, but I found some made in the USA and they were 3.00 cheaper. We are being brain washed that everything that comes from China and Mexico is cheaper. Not so. That is also why I don't buy cards at Hallmark anymore. They are made in China and are expensive. I buy them at Dollar Tree....50 cents each and made in USA.

I buy my cards at Dollar Tree too and they're beautiful!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's some more.............

One Light Bulb at a Time

A physics teacher in high school, once told the students that while one grasshopper on the railroad tracks wouldn't slow a train very much, a billion of them would. With that thought in mind, read the following, obviously written by a good American . . .

Good idea . . .. one light bulb at a time . . ..

Check this out. I can verify this because I was in Lowe's the other day for some reason and just for the heck of it I was looking at the hose attachments... They were all made in China .

The next day I was in Ace Hardware and just for the heck of it I checked the hose attachments there. They were made in USA.. Start looking ...

In our current economic situation, every little thing we buy or do affects someone else - even their job. So, after reading this email, I think this lady is on the right track.. Let's get behind her!

My grandson likes Hershey's candy. I noticed, though, that it is marked made in Mexico now. I do not buy it any more.

My favorite toothpaste Colgate is made in Mexico... now I have switched to Crest. You have to read the labels on everything....
I found this to be true too and switched to Crest also.

This past weekend I was at Kroger . .. . I needed 60W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets.

I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled, " Everyday Value ." I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats they were the same except
for the price . . .
The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio.

So throw out the myth that you cannot find products you use every day that are made right here...

So on to another aisle - Bounce Dryer Sheets... yep, you guessed it, Bounce cost more money and is made in Canada... The Everyday Value brand was less money and MADE IN THE USA! I did laundry yesterday and the dryer sheets performed just like the Bounce Free I have been using for years and at almost half the price! I found the same thing!

My challenge to you is to start reading the labels when you shop for everyday things and see what you can find that is made in the USA - the job you save may be your own or your neighbors!

If you accept the challenge, pass this on to others in your address book so we can all start buying American, one light bulb at a time! Stop buying from overseas companies!

(We should have awakened a decade ago....)

Let's get with the program and help our fellow Americans keep their jobs and create more jobs here in the USA .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Happy birthday sweet sixteen
Tonight's the night I've waited for
Because you're not a baby anymore
You've turned into the prettiest girl I've ever seen
Happy birthday sweet sixteen

What happened to that funny face
My little tomboy now wears satin and lace
I can't believe my eyes you're just a teenage dream
Happy birthday sweet sixteen.

Happy Birthday, Nicole !!