5 Brands Most Likely To Be Gone By 2015

1. Eastman Kodak (27%)
2. Netflix (19%)
3. United States Postal Service (18%)
4. RIM (Blackberry) (14%)
5. Sears (11%)

over9five

Staff member
Have seen a lot of these lately, including an awesome one this morning when I got home at about 4.

Anatomy of a Moon Halo
The ring that appears around the moon arises from light passing through six-sided ice crystals high in the atmosphere. These ice crystals refract, or bend, light in the same manner that a camera lens bends light. The ring has a diameter of 22° , and sometimes, if you are lucky, it is also possible to detect a second ring, 44° diameter. Thin high cirrus clouds lofting at 20,000 feet or more contain tiny ice crystals that originate from the freezing of super cooled water droplets. These crystals behave like jewels refracting and reflecting in different directions.
Cloud crystals are varieties of hexagonal prisms, (6 sides) and range in shapes from long columns to thin plate-like shapes that have different face sizes.

klein

Für Meno :)
Alberta's look better than that!!!

I actually went outside the other morning to watch the Lunar eclipse.
But, if you think I was out there for the full 2 hours, I'm not that crazy !

I took one peak at it, (seen an 8th of the moon), and went back inside.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Is that Lake Webster? I don't think it's a towns name.

I guess so, I stumbled across it looking for weird city names.....Nipple, Utah (Rhymes with Maggot) Hill, MA. Poop Creek, OR.

Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg (/ˌleɪk tʃəˈɡɒɡəɡɒɡ ˌmænˈtʃɔːɡəɡɒɡ tʃəˌbʌnəˈɡʌŋɡəmɔːɡ/),[SUP][2][/SUP] a 45-letter alternative name for this body of fresh water, is often cited as the longest place name in the United States and one of the longest in the world. It is spelled incorrectly on the sign bordering Connecticut.[SUP][3][/SUP]

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's not a city name----Over is right----it is the Indian name for Lake Webster.
Where did I say that Over was wrong ?????????????? I believe I said "I guess so" when he asked if it was a lake.
Check out the site.....I searched for 'city names' and under Mass. I saw this monster name........turns out the legend picture shows it's a lake. I wasn't searching for lakes.
Yes Over was right................I knew it and he knew it, but apparently you were clueless of our knowledge.

Unusual City Names

texan

Have seen a lot of these lately, including an awesome one this morning when I got home at about 4.

Anatomy of a Moon Halo
The ring that appears around the moon arises from light passing through six-sided ice crystals high in the atmosphere. These ice crystals refract, or bend, light in the same manner that a camera lens bends light. The ring has a diameter of 22° , and sometimes, if you are lucky, it is also possible to detect a second ring, 44° diameter. Thin high cirrus clouds lofting at 20,000 feet or more contain tiny ice crystals that originate from the freezing of super cooled water droplets. These crystals behave like jewels refracting and reflecting in different directions.
Cloud crystals are varieties of hexagonal prisms, (6 sides) and range in shapes from long columns to thin plate-like shapes that have different face sizes.

I was always told that it meant snow was on the way.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Weird City Names:

Assawoman, Virginia
Bad Axe, Michigan
Bald Knob, Arkansas
Bang Bang Jump Up, Australia
Barf, England

Bastard Township, Ontario
Why, Arizona
Flippin, Arizona
Dunmovin, California
Climax, Colorado

Climax, Georgia
Gay, Idaho
Slickpoo, Idaho
Bugaboo Creek, Illinois
Gas, Kansas

DS

Fenderbender
found this
22 WORST PLACE NAMES IN THE WORLD

draft_lens1345180module2870822photo_JESTFULLY_YOURS.jpg
You mean some folks at Drivl.com actually found time to waste on a web-based wonder such as producing a list of the 22 Worst Place Names in the World including!

Buttzville, Pennsylvania
:censored2:t, Scotland
Muff, Ireland
Titty Hill, England
Wetwang, England
Bald Knob, Arkansas,
Whiskey Dick Mountain, Washington
Hell, Michigan
Toad Suck, Arkansas
Dissapointment, Kentucky
****ing, Austria

...and last but not least, this tongue-twisting town title:

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, New Zealand.