Random Facts

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The highest and lowest points in the continental United States are within 100 miles of one another.
Mount Whitney measures 14,495 feet and Bad Water in Death Valley is 282 feet below sea level.

Whew. No way. What an attempt that would be.
I have a couple of Ultramarathon buddy's that helped Mimi Anderson make the trek from Badwater, to Mount Whitney, roundtrip.

My Dad, a WWII vet, died last May. : (

moreluck

golden ticket member
My grandson in Hawaii e-mailed me for help with his kapuna essay. Here are the questions he sent.....

Can please answer these questions:

1. Full Name
2. Birthday
3. Birthplace
4. Occupations
5. Schools
6. Siblings
7. Spouse
8. Stories about your life
10. Interest or hobbies

I love #8 and the space provided for me to jot down things from my 64 3/4 years.

I gave him a "see below" on #8 and wrote a whole bunch of stuff.

(kapuna = elder)

Oh, and apparently grandpa doesn't count because he didn't get one.

texan

"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and
I'll win the war. - U.S. General George S. Patton

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just kidding with you. Texas does have unique attributes.
That is what I love about America. New England, Minnesota, California, Georgia, New Mexico, New York, and all 57, whoops 50
States with their unique areas and cultures.

​You should come to AZ.

texan

​You should come to AZ.

The state's most popular natural wonders include the Grand Canyon, Havasu Canyon, Grand Canyon Caves, Lake Powell/Rainbow Bridge,
Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, Sedona Oak Creek Canyon, Salt River Canyon,
Superstition Mountains, Picacho Peak State Park, Saguaro National Park, Chiricahua National Monument, and the Colorado River.

klein

Für Meno :)
cruze_uni.jpg

The 10 safest small cars on the road

Chevy's Cruze has 10 airbags and an automatic accident notification system. Vehicles with top crash-test scores

1) Audi A3
2) Buick Verano
3) Chevrolet Cruze
4) Chevrolet Sonic
5) Chevrolet Volt

6) Lexus CT 200h
7) Mazda3
8) Scion tC
9) Subaru Impreza
10) Toyota Prius

Pretty good safety standings for Government Motors !

klein

Für Meno :)
Only if you trust numbers from the government.......

If you consider the insurance industry Government, then I guess you already have full blown Government Healthcare, too.

We started out by consulting the 2012 model-year list of "Top Safety Picks" from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), a non-profit organization funded by the insurance industry.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The state's most popular natural wonders include the Grand Canyon, Havasu Canyon, Grand Canyon Caves, Lake Powell/Rainbow Bridge,
Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, Sedona Oak Creek Canyon, Salt River Canyon,
Superstition Mountains, Picacho Peak State Park, Saguaro National Park, Chiricahua National Monument, and the Colorado River.
And some places that most tourists never see. It pays to know someone that lives in the state. :hi5:

texan

The St. Louis Gateway Arch.
The Gateway Arch, or Gateway to the West is an arch that is the centerpiece of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial
in St. Louis, Missouri. It was built as a monument to the westward expansion of the United Statess. At 630 feet (192 m), it is
the tallest man-made monument in the United States.