Random Facts

P

pickup

Solenodon,only found in the Dominican Republic...is it weird or what?

solenodon-dominican-republic-01.jpg

Solenodon - Dominican Republic Live ! - Nature, Fruits, Fauna and Flora of Dominican Republic.

great picture. Also I never said it, but I loved your "hammer of the mods" avatar. The one you have now is pretty cool too.

Edit: It occurred to me that since Haiti and the Dominican Republic are parts of the same island, that this creature would also be found in Haiti and I looked it up and sure enough, it is.

Also, there is a creature of this species in Cuba but some believe it might be extinct even though one was found in 2006 in Cuba

moreluck

golden ticket member
Earthquake at 16:34:32
2.3....which is usually nothing and not felt.....however, this felt like deep' 'clunk' . Weird, we usually can't feel anything that little. Maybe that volcano in Mexico is messin' up the ground below.

38 km (24 miles) SW (226°) from Camp Pendleton South, CA 40 km (25 miles) W (259°) from Encinitas, CA
40 km (25 miles) W (267°) from Solana Beach, CA
43 km (26 miles) SW (233°) from Oceanside, CA
55 km (34 miles) WNW (294°) from San Diego, CA

moreluck

golden ticket member
Did you know April is National Grilled Cheese Month ? OMG, I almost missed it !!

Tillamook’s National Grilled Cheese Month Recipepalooza!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Here's the E.Q. story

BREAKING NEWS: 3.9 Earthquake Hits Near San Juan Capistrano-2012-04-23

(looks like the number was revised upwards, just like all of Obama's economic numbers)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gonna scooby on over to Ruby's for breakfast this morning...best cinnamon frech toast ever!! (right after the dentist appointment)

Here's the E.Q. story

BREAKING NEWS: 3.9 Earthquake Hits Near San Juan Capistrano-2012-04-23

(looks like the number was revised upwards, just like all of Obama's economic numbers)

With fires, landslides, earthquakes, TOS, and now meteor strikes on Sunday you folks are doomed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Reember the movie, Las Vegas Vacation? I remember that site where the government gave Eddie & Katherine some land out in the desert. They had a trailer and junk and abandoned cars and just lots of stuff out in the middle of nowhere.

We drove past a homestead just like it. It's between Primm, CA. and Baker, CA. I'd sure be afraid to go up to their door to sell girl scout cookies !!

The whole lot made me think of Randy Quaid and him throwing that chicken breast on a hot rock & sizzling it.

But, he's in Canada now, so he's probably eating hot dogs!