Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
No big wins this Vegas trip, but I did get a couple little surprises.

We were playing Cleopatra Keno, just dimes.....we both hit 7 out of 7 numbers while on the bonus round and we cashed out with $1200 each.

Also during my last few minutes of play before leaving today to come home........I was playing Super Times Play Poker and I got a multipier of '8'. I then got four kings which normally pays 250 quarters, but it was multiplied X 8, so it was 2000 quarters. Nice hit!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—commemorates the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867). A relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. Cinco de Mayo traditions include parades, mariachi music performances and street festivals in cities and towns across Mexico and the United States.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—commemorates the Mexican army's 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867). A relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. Cinco de Mayo traditions include parades, mariachi music performances and street festivals in cities and towns across Mexico and the United States.
It, also, is my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday tomorrow, Linda.

klein

Für Meno :)
The biggest full moon of the year is due to arrive this weekend. The moon will officially become full Saturday (May 5) at 11:35 p.m. EDT. And because this month's full moon coincides with the moon's perigee — its closest approach to Earth — it will also be the year's biggest.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We are presently in the May-Gray mode. Gloomy everyday at the coast 'til about 1-2 PM and then the sun comes out. Sometimes that grayness involves drizzle.

It will go into June-Gloom next month.........until summer bursts through in July!!
It actually makes working outdoors pleasant this time of year.....gardening, trimming, etc.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you go to a deli and they bring you a sandwich like this......(from Carnegie Deli)

Make sure you have an extra loaf of bread with you and 5 kids.......you can make sandwiches for all of them.

klein

How To Pick The Perfect Pineapple On Your Next Shopping Trip!

Forget 2 common misconceptions you’ve heard; pulling the crown leaves of the pineapple and judging by color are not accurate tests for ripeness. Remember that a perfectly ripe pineapple can be green, golden or anything in between.

You want to test for freshness instead! When you’re shopping, just look for crown leaves that are fresh and green. Then, sniff the pineapple! If it’s fragrant, that’s a good sign. You also want to select a pineapple that is symmetrical and heavy for its size.

Happy Pineapple Picking!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bed, Bath & Beyond is buying Cost Plus World Market.................so does that mean that BB&B will carry a line of imported foods?

klein

Starbucks admits Strawberry Frappuccino contains crushed bugs

One tall Strawberry Frappuccino – extra insects please! Starbucks reveals popular drink contains crushed BUGS.
Have you ever wondered how Starbucks makes their Strawberry Frappuccinos look so vibrantly pink ?

The pink hue is thanks to crushed up insects, according to new information provided by the coffee chain giant.
In a statement released by Starbucks, the company has revealed that they use cochineal extract, which is the ground-up bodies of insects, as a dye for the popular rose-coloured beverage.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Starbucks admits Strawberry Frappuccino contains crushed bugs

One tall Strawberry Frappuccino – extra insects please! Starbucks reveals popular drink contains crushed BUGS.
Have you ever wondered how Starbucks makes their Strawberry Frappuccinos look so vibrantly pink ?

The pink hue is thanks to crushed up insects, according to new information provided by the coffee chain giant.
In a statement released by Starbucks, the company has revealed that they use cochineal extract, which is the ground-up bodies of insects, as a dye for the popular rose-coloured beverage.

This is old news and they have since quit using that dye.