Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
After my doctor appointment today, we had to stop at Roger Dunn's for Bob to switch out the new Taylormade Rocket Balz driver for a Taylormade R11S. I keep telling him it's not the club, but he thinks it is.

I'm not a golfer or a fan of golf, but I like observing people. The staff in the shop this day was all male. An older British lady asked one of the guys to help her pick out a driver for a gift for her hubby.

The guy was asking her all kinds of questions and for the most part I heard them, but wasn't interested in the chatter...........until I heard the guy say to the lady, "You want me to show you a stiff shaft ??"

OK, that's when I lost it!!! Hand over mouth and I couldn't stop laughing. It was like laughing in church. Then he asked her about head speed.......I had to go to the car!!! There are a lot of double entendres in a golf store and I never knew I could have so much fun in one!

DS

Fenderbender
I actually told these guys to hook us up because they are about $80 cheaper a month ...till Deb got home...
well after learning about them...I called and cancelled within 12 hours.I called and got a cancellation # .
2 different Bell Canada trucks showed up to install my NEW internet and home phone that I cancelled 3 days ago.I'm thinking thank God I didn't go this route.
Check this out
Bell Canada Customer Service Sucks! Canada

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
After my doctor appointment today, we had to stop at Roger Dunn's for Bob to switch out the new Taylormade Rocket Balz driver for a Taylormade R11S. I keep telling him it's not the club, but he thinks it is.

I'm not a golfer or a fan of golf, but I like observing people. The staff in the shop this day was all male. An older British lady asked one of the guys to help her pick out a driver for a gift for her hubby.

The guy was asking her all kinds of questions and for the most part I heard them, but wasn't interested in the chatter...........until I heard the guy say to the lady, "You want me to show you a stiff shaft ??"

OK, that's when I lost it!!! Hand over mouth and I couldn't stop laughing. It was like laughing in church. Then he asked her about head speed.......I had to go to the car!!! There are a lot of double entendres in a golf store and I never knew I could have so much fun in one!

That's hilarious!!:rofl:

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't watch any of those things, I'll take a brief look at it, and that'll be all for me (and yes, I live in the west, so will be able to see it).

klein

(Klein) "Which happens to be a National Stat Holiday here."

So all the hospitals practice saying "STAT" ??

Public holidays in Canada

Public holidays in Canada
, known as "statutory holidays", "stat holidays", or simply "stats", are legislated at the national, provincial and territorial levels. Many of these holidays are observed nationwide, but each province and territory has its own holidays as well.

texan

The Facebook IPO turned out just like Y2K.........a whole bunch of hype about nothing !!!

The Failure of Facebook's IPO

Company filings after the market closed on Friday night however revealed the extent to which the banks who led
Facebook’s initial public offering – in which $16bn of shares were sold to new investors – were forced to move in to the
market and buy shares in order to keep the price above the $38 level. Morgan Stanley, Facebook’s lead financial
adviser, ended the day with 162m shares, worth $6.16bn. Other banks including JP Morgan and
Goldman Sachs also bought shares, ending the day with $3.2bn and $2.4bn holdings respectively.

The Failure of Facebook's IPO - Forbes

DS

Fenderbender
Don't worry your loonies are there to roost for good!!

You don't have to be a Rhode Island red to realize the USA is still a great country.
Us loonies are happy with our chickens and we even have our own currency.
We are good people.Klein is one dandelion in a land of immense pine and birch forests.
Klein gives love...a bad name....")

klein

A random fact is, that I'm not a bad "dandelion" as some people may think on this site.
I'm considered the most freindliest person (worker), in the liquor store I work at, and also as the most hard working one.
Customers have taken notice of that.
So much, that I got a job offer as a manager in another one (as soon as they buy or build it though).
Even got a job offer from the new Ukranian whole & retail store that is suppose to open up mid June.

No matter what many of you think - I'm totally well liked in person :)

A random fact is, that I'm not a bad "dandelion" as some people may think on this site.
I'm considered the most freindliest person (worker), in the liquor store I work at, and also as the most hard working one.
Customers have taken notice of that.
So much, that I got a job offer as a manager in another one (as soon as they buy or build it though).
Even got a job offer from the new Ukranian whole & retail store that is suppose to open up mid June.

No matter what many of you think - I'm totally well liked in person :)

Don't let us hold you up from spending more time with your friends.