Random Facts

Necropostophiliac

I will never forget growing up, in my circle of friends, one of us got the licence 1st , as he was an Oct baby
and could not get into our Kindergarten class until he was 10 months older than us.

The first car he had was a 1959 beetle.

We rode all over in that thing. It was ratty and when you turned on the heat, you smelled exhaust.

The top speed of that bug with 4 of us in it was 55 going down hill.

ah the memories.
1945-1959-volkswagen-beetle-11.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I need to have a serious discussion with my Dr.
He wants me to do the vegetarian thing. I'm ok with vegies, but stupid with protein. Meat was always "the protein".

So, I went online and got a list of foods high in protein. i crossed out everything he says I can't have. That means no meat, of any sort no dairy, no eggs, no fish....the list below is all that was left!!

Tofu
MostBeans
Split peas

peanutbutter
almonds
peanuts
pecans
cashews
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
flax seeds

These are the foods that were left after I crossed out meats, dairy,cheese, eggs, etc.

So I made some coleslaw and to go with it I can have a few nuts? No way Jose!! I'll cut down on the meat, but I am not a squirrel!!

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I am not up & current on today's lipsticks. I was looking around in Target this morning. I'm used to the Revlon and Cover Girl and others, but who is Kate? The lipstick just has Kate written on it.
I know a few Kate's so I wondered which one it is?

Kate....the one who married PrinceWilliam

Upton, the busty model

I know it's not Kate Smith...she's dead

Katy Perry probably not because it wasn't blue

Hudson?
Moss?
Winslet?
Capshaw?
Beckinsdale
Gosselin?

moreluck

golden ticket member
The world's largest corn maze is Cool Patch Pumpkins in Dixon, California. The owners, Mark & Matt Cooley, use Excel to map out the course. There is 53 acres of stalks. It can take up to 2 hours to find your way out. Open through Nov. 5th.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yesterday, twice, I had to answer my ringing phone and both times it was about "green" stuff. Both times there was no one on the other end and then the line popped alive. It was from different companies. I told them what they could do with their green :censored2:!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you don't recognize the number or it is unavailable let the call go to voice mail---you can then choose whether you want to return the call. Better yet, drop your landline and the robo calls magically disappear.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like my land line........$20 a month.......what's you phone bill??????

If I dropped my land line, I would have no phone....that's a stupid suggestion!!!

I'm just saying that sometimes I answer such labeled calls because it's my neighbor.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I like my land line........$20 a month.......what's you phone bill??????

If I dropped my land line, I would have no phone....that's a stupid suggestion!!!

I'm just saying that sometimes I answer such labeled calls because it's my neighbor.
I have a land line and a cell. I like the land line. I live rurally, and Verizon doesn't want me to tap into the 4g line buried across the street. So, my signal isn't the best. Land line always works.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The girls from my high school (class of '65) who are still local, took a bus trip to Frankenmuth.
They spent time at Bonners and stayed overnight at the Ramada.

The pictures that they posted on the site looked like fun was had by all!

Lots of shoping bags coming back. Very festive....they were dressed in holiday sweatshirts.
They had a dinner at Zender's.....

Zehnder's Dining | Zehnder's of Frankenmuth | America's Largest Owned Family Restaurant - Providing fine dining, Buffets, Banquets and Catering | Frankenmuth, Michigan | http://www.zehnders.com/dining/zehndersdining.htm

http://www.frankenmuth.org/