Respond or response whatever it's called

MAKAVELI

It wouldn’t nullify anything.
Yes it would. The exemption states Express has to maintain complete control of the freight to keep the exemption. That means once it enters the Express system and is put on planes, that freight has to be delivered by Express employees. Why do you think LMO packages have to be exchanged at origin?

Working4the1%

Target has jumped on the summer deals bandwagon, announcing it will be hosting a Deal Days digital sale from June 20 to June 22. Ground better order more tarps get ready............

It will be fine

Yes it would. The exemption states Express has to maintain complete control of the freight to keep the exemption. That means once it enters the Express system and is put on planes, that freight has to be delivered by Express employees. Why do you think LMO packages have to be exchanged at origin?
So Express picking up the packages and sorting them to Ground is them maintaining complete control? There’s a magic difference as soon as it gets on a plane? Express doesn’t truck any freight before or after flights?

MAKAVELI

So Express picking up the packages and sorting them to Ground is them maintaining complete control? There’s a magic difference as soon as it gets on a plane? Express doesn’t truck any freight before or after flights?
No, from pickup, to sort , to delivery is complete control. And yes the magic difference is putting them on a plane. That's why Express is designated an airline. Ttku bro...

MAKAVELI

Of course Express trucks Freight. But Fred bought his exemption decades ago to keep the teamsters out. Ttku bro...

fatboy33

That's true... but it is a little ridiculous that 99% of my response freight happens to be everything I have either already been to or am going to.... so that's why I was really confused on the purpose of this failure.
We have business freight coming in as RESPONSE. Managers are asking morning drivers to take it as p2. Our routes are full yet we're asked to take it and make sure not to go over the OT limit lol. This whole thing feels as if a billionaire tap a person on the shoulder and gave him1 million dollars but it all had to be spent in 3 months to keep it. Feels like cost is being created so that a big reward can be realized come tax season.

MAKAVELI

I’m keeping up with your nonsensical fantasy and it’s obvious inconsistencies. Don’t stop believing, bro.

FedEx and UPS Follow
the Money Trail
By Frank N. Wilner

The RLA does not limit its coverage to air carrier employees who fly or maintain aircraft. Rather, its coverage extends to virtually all employees engaged in performing a service for the carrier so that the carrier may transport passengers or freight. ... The limit [on coverage] is that the carrier must have continuing authority to supervise and direct [its employees]. ... The
couriers, tractor-trailer drivers, operations agents and other employees sought by the UAW are employed by FedEx directly. As the record amply demonstrates, these employees, as part of FedEx’s air express delivery system, are supervised by FedEx employees. The Board need not look further to find that all of the FedEx [Express] employees are subject to the RLA.

Star B

White Lightening
Can't fly the freight and then hand over to Ground. That nullifies the RLA exemption. Ground would have to expand to more like an Express footprint to take the majority of Express deferred freight.
eh, you forget how weaselly Express lawyers are.

"They are not taking Express freight, Express is contracting those deliveries out to a third party ala cartage"
"We are only providing backhaul for contracted out packages -- they have to bring their own FXG cans to the ramp"

There is a reason why all these "toeing the line" exercises are held when the government a red shade.

MAKAVELI

"They are not taking Express freight, Express is contracting those deliveries out to a third party ala cartage"
"We are only providing backhaul for contracted out packages -- they have to bring their own FXG cans to the ramp"

There is a reason why all these "toeing the line" exercises are held when the government a red shade.
Oh I know how weaselly Express lawyers are. But the fact remains they aren't crossing that line because of the Biden administration and Dems control both the House and Senate. As soon as that line is crossed there will be a challenge to their RLA status. You can bet the Teamsters are watching that closely.

Star B

White Lightening
Oh I know how weaselly Express lawyers are. But the fact remains they aren't crossing that line because of the Biden administration and Dems control both the House and Senate. As soon as that line is crossed there will be a challenge to their RLA status. You can bet the Teamsters are watching that closely.
Even though by "party affiliation" the dems control both sides, they don't, so dont get that twisted. if they actually controlled both sides, we'd have 1/6 commission already rolling.

MAKAVELI

Even though by "party affiliation" the dems control both sides, they don't, so dont get that twisted. if they actually controlled both sides, we'd have 1/6 commission already rolling.
You think FedEx is willing to take that risk? I don't think so. If they thought they could get away with flying freight just to hand over to Ground, they would of done it while Drumpf was in office. Don't get it twisted.

Artee

We have a ground semi at our ramp every morning to pick up ground freight that came in on the flight. It is usually freight that is behind schedule and is not going to make it in a timely manner. FDX ground pays express to fly it, so they are a customer and we are not doing it for free.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The exemption states Express has to maintain complete control of the freight to keep the exemption. That means once it enters the Express system and is put on planes, that freight has to be delivered by Express employees.
There is nothing in the RLA, exemption or not, that states anything of the sort. None. Zero. Your understanding of the RLA begins and ends with your ability to spell it, and now you're making things up.

Stat41

There is nothing in the RLA, exemption or not, that states anything of the sort. None. Zero. Your understanding of the RLA begins and ends with your ability to spell it, and now you're making things up.
Welcome back Dano! Hows the RESPONSE program going in your area? Not being snarky, really want to know. I suspect you may have some insight that I don't.

59 Dano

That's not weaselly, that's how transactions between subsidiaries of a parent company are handled.

59 Dano

Welcome back Dano! Hows the RESPONSE program going in your area? Not being snarky, really want to know. I suspect you may have some insight that I don't.
I don't really have any dealings with it. All I know for certain right now is that it's going to be a cluster until all the COVID unemployment stuff ends so that it's easier to staff INDH. After that, we'll see.

throwaway10

I don't really have any dealings with it. All I know for certain right now is that it's going to be a cluster until all the COVID unemployment stuff ends so that it's easier to staff INDH. After that, we'll see.
Would you agree that staffing issues could be solved if they offered competitive compensation?(Both INDH and MEMH)