Respond or response whatever it's called

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Would you agree that staffing issues could be solved if they offered competitive compensation?(Both INDH and MEMH)
In a normal situation, yes. When one of your competitors is free money, probably not.

MEMH is short a few hundred people, much of which should make a large step in resolving itself when TN ends all of the COVID unemployment extras in early July. Staffing issues can be offset by other actions. Casuals being used for deliveries that aren't due until 2000 and LMO being the two most recent examples. It all boils down to hitting broader financial and operational targets.

MAKAVELI

There is nothing in the RLA, exemption or not, that states anything of the sort. None. Zero. Your understanding of the RLA begins and ends with your ability to spell it, and now you're making things up.
Then There's nothing stopping FedEx from flying freight across the country and handing it to ground. Except they aren't.

throwaway10

Then There's nothing stopping FedEx from flying freight across the country and handing it to ground. Except they aren't.
They are flying 2 day and saver cross country and handing it to ground... problem is, so far ground has a pretty big failure rate for "on time" deliveries.

throwaway10

In a normal situation, yes. When one of your competitors is free money, probably not.

MEMH is short a few hundred people, much of which should make a large step in resolving itself when TN ends all of the COVID unemployment extras in early July. Staffing issues can be offset by other actions. Casuals being used for deliveries that aren't due until 2000 and LMO being the two most recent examples. It all boils down to hitting broader financial and operational targets.
Unfortunately unemployment bonuses aside pre-pandemic... truth is most people don't want to work a back breaking job 3rd shift for 13/hr when they could work a day job for a little less and not destroy themselves. Retention has always been a problem in MEM and won't be fixed until they are able to draw applicants in with desirable wages.

MAKAVELI

They are flying 2 day and saver cross country and handing it to ground... problem is, so far ground has a pretty big failure rate for "on time" deliveries.
You got proof? Because LMO is supposed to be exclusively exchanged at Origin. I've yet to see ground del anything Express other than 4Z stuff.

throwaway10

You got proof? Because LMO is supposed to be exclusively exchanged at Origin. I've yet to see ground del anything Express other than 4Z stuff.
I guess it's not clear what you are asking... 4Z(2day and Saver) come off the plane and dropped to Ground trailers(for local area delivery), not sure what you are talking about, Picked up 4Z packages get loaded on planes to destination. Now we still get 2day and saver at express, not sure what defines which go to ground and which stay.

MAKAVELI

I guess it's not clear what you are asking... 4Z(2day and Saver) come off the plane and dropped to Ground trailers(for local area delivery), not sure what you are talking about, Picked up 4Z packages get loaded on planes to destination. Now we still get 2day and saver at express, not sure what defines which go to ground and which stay.
4Z is supposed to be taken to the Origin ramp by truck where Ground pu and enters their system. Those 4Z are not to go on any plane unless tendered back to Express for delivery.

floridays

A few hundred? :bsbullf:

floridays

Gotta love when the old retired racist while guy refers to black forum members as “Tupac”. 🙄
The kid (@MAKAVELI ) idolizes a fukin dead banger like he's some type of philosopher. Get your street cred from him though, in the end, you're just whitey to him if you cross him.
Most likely the only thing I agree with @falcon back on. To each his own.
How's the brown bangin out in your parts?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You said that there was an exemption that states Express has to maintain complete control of the freight to keep the exemption. There isn't, and you're lying.

Stat41

You said that there was an exemption that states Express has to maintain complete control of the freight to keep the exemption. There isn't, and you're lying.
When someone who knows the truth and misrepresents it, then they are lying. When someone, for whatever reason, does not know the truth but states something that is untrue, that person is not lying. You had an opportunity to rationally inform Makaveli of his error and state why you believe what he said was untrue. Instead, you chose to just call him a liar. You sound like an otherwise intelligent and mature guy at times. Unfortunately I think you fell way short of your best. I hope you continue to give your viewpoints, Even though I frequently find them the opposite of what I believe, they do make me reconsider things and perhaps change my mind. But name calling will never do that.

MAKAVELI

You're twisting what I quoted. The issue is control of the employees. FedEx has the exemption only because Ground and Express are separate. You are obviously trying to deflect from the fact that LMO freight is not enter the Express network.
Here's the quote again for you to try to twist.

RLA or NLRA?

FedEx and UPS Follow
the Money Trail
By Frank N. Wilner
The NMB responded that “there [was] no dispute” that FedEx Express is a carrier subject to the RLA with respect to its pilots and aircraft mechanics. As for its ground-service employees, the NMB ruled there was “no clear and convincing evidence to support” a decision other than affirming that those FedEx Express ground-service employees, such as package sorters and truck drivers, were subject to the jurisdiction of the RLA, not to that of the NLRA.The NMB justified its decision in favor of FedEx Express by pointing to § 181 of the 1936 statute that extended RLA coverage to airlines,10 which provides that “[E]very air pilot or other person who performs any work as an employee or subordinate official of such [air] carrier or carriers” is subject to RLA coverage. According to the ruling made by the NMB:The RLA does not limit its coverage to air carrier employees who fly or maintain aircraft. Rather, its coverage extends to virtually all employees engaged in performing a service for the carrier so that the carrier may transport passengers or freight. ... The limit [on coverage] is that the carrier must have continuing authority to supervise and direct [its employees]. ... The couriers, tractor-trailer drivers, operations agents and other employees sought by the UAW are employed by FedEx directly. As the record amply demonstrates, these employees, as part of FedEx’s air express delivery system, are supervised by FedEx employees. The Board need not look further to find that all of the FedEx [Express] employees are subject to the RLA. ..

It will be fine

You're twisting what I quoted. The issue is control of the employees. FedEx has the exemption only because Ground and Express are separate. You are obviously trying to deflect from the fact that LMO freight is not enter the Express network.
Here's the quote again for you to try to twist.

RLA or NLRA?

FedEx and UPS Follow
the Money Trail
By Frank N. Wilner
The NMB responded that “there [was] no dispute” that FedEx Express is a carrier subject to the RLA with respect to its pilots and aircraft mechanics. As for its ground-service employees, the NMB ruled there was “no clear and convincing evidence to support” a decision other than affirming that those FedEx Express ground-service employees, such as package sorters and truck drivers, were subject to the jurisdiction of the RLA, not to that of the NLRA.The NMB justified its decision in favor of FedEx Express by pointing to § 181 of the 1936 statute that extended RLA coverage to airlines,10 which provides that “[E]very air pilot or other person who performs any work as an employee or subordinate official of such [air] carrier or carriers” is subject to RLA coverage. According to the ruling made by the NMB:The RLA does not limit its coverage to air carrier employees who fly or maintain aircraft. Rather, its coverage extends to virtually all employees engaged in performing a service for the carrier so that the carrier may transport passengers or freight. ... The limit [on coverage] is that the carrier must have continuing authority to supervise and direct [its employees]. ... The couriers, tractor-trailer drivers, operations agents and other employees sought by the UAW are employed by FedEx directly. As the record amply demonstrates, these employees, as part of FedEx’s air express delivery system, are supervised by FedEx employees. The Board need not look further to find that all of the FedEx [Express] employees are subject to the RLA. ..
So when Express drivers pick up the packages they don’t “enter the Express network?”