Retired today!!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
After retiring last November I’m getting back in a band of guys that I played with over 40 yrs ago when we was 17 yrs old. They always wanted me to be in their band but UPS hours always kept me out. Now after retiring I can enjoy the things I never had time for!
I talk to people that retired and get depressed or feel no purpose in life. I never felt UPS cared about me nor did I have the illusion that I was something special to UPS so me walking away after 39+ years was so easy. I left with no recognition or even a mention that I was retiring and I think that mind set has served me very well after retiring. it has been the easiest transition I have ever made! 👍🏼
I have had a WONDERFUL transition so far. I sleep 8-9 hours of good restfull sleep every night,and I actually look forward to getting up in the morning! I walk dogs at a local animal shelter (LOVE IT!!!) I take my wife out every afternoon when she gets off work for a date, I take my dad to lunch a couple of times a week and I am actually able to play Friday nite shows with the band as well. My wife has told me a few times she wished she'd had the man i am now years ago. I'm very very happy!

I have had a WONDERFUL transition so far. I sleep 8-9 hours of good restfull sleep every night,and I actually look forward to getting up in the morning! I walk dogs at a local animal shelter (LOVE IT!!!) I take my wife out every afternoon when she gets off work for a date, I take my dad to lunch a couple of times a week and I am actually able to play Friday nite shows with the band as well. My wife has told me a few times she wished she'd had the man i am now years ago. I'm very very happy!
Is she upset that her boyfriend can't come and visit her in the afternoon anymore? 😁

542thruNthru

He plays in a band on Friday nights..........she still has time......just saying...😁
3158994692b6c92dab817be094de9a62.jpg

Oops...;)