Retro check is in!

Upsgal72

Did they also tell you the union will defend your job even if you don't pay dues?

Ask yourself why would they do that.
I am in the union. I started in December of last year. Every new hire has been told anyone starting while this contract is in limbo pretty much, needs to keep track of their backpay. I am not sure if maybe there is some difference with states maybe and contract or what? But, all new hires have been told this at Worldport. I am in Ky.

Upsgal72

So, what is basically being said here is the union lied to us all and the people training us, and the supervisors? And they are all still lying to all the new ones coming in correct? I don't mean to sound mean. But, that is a little hard to believe so many are lying just to keep people there.

upschuck

So, what is basically being said here is the union lied to us all and the people training us, and the supervisors? And they are all still lying to all the new ones coming in correct? I don't mean to sound mean. But, that is a little hard to believe so many are lying just to keep people there.
What do you need to know? I choose not to read these 14 pages, but will give you the correct answer, if I know what you want to know.

Upsgal72

What do you need to know? I choose not to read these 14 pages, but will give you the correct answer, if I know what you want to know.
Someone had asked if they would get backpay if they were not in the union. Someone else said no. That's not what we were told. Ty

Upsgal72

They probably also told you that you can start driving in 3 months, that UPS cares about your safety, and you will be treated with dignity and respect by management
I love my job and have awesome co- workers and supervisors. We all respect each other. It's more like helping family than a job to me. I'm not here to bash UPS. They have cared about me and my safety. I have gotten hurt on the job, and was sent to PT and their Dr's at their expense from my not having a firm enough grip on something. Hence my pic the wristband. It was just a sprain but they sent me to PT to strengthen the wrist more. I personally have no complaints about my location. I'm not trying to argue Idk about other locations. Sad to hear.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They will get backpay.
giphy (22).gif

You truly suck

Upsgal72

You going to drive a truck through a picket line next to help the scabs who aren't in the union next?
No one should really be forced into the union. It's their choice. Some are barely getting by with families to feed, as it is now and can't afford the dues I'm sure. This raise may give the union more members. It is another way to look at it. When newbies see how beneficial they really are to them.

upschuck

No one should really be forced into the union. It's their choice. Some are barely getting by with families to feed, as it is now and can't afford the dues I'm sure. This raise may give the union more members. It is another way to look at it. When newbies see how beneficial they really are to them.
What I have the problem with there, is that they get the benefits of being in one, without having to pay for it. If they could reduce the total compensation and representation to what non union people get, then fine.

542thruNthru

So they should get the raises that the union has negotiated for them? Oh what about the benefits that help keep their families alive that the union got them.

Are you so naive to think that the company would just give you part-timers this?

Seems to me $33 a month is a extremely fair price for all that. Go take your anti-union attitude somewhere else you scab.

You don't want to pay it go into management.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Why would they join the union if they are already getting the benefits for free now?
You're right no one is forcing them to work here. Go over to Fedex or Amazon and see how their benefits stack up to the union ones

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Why would they join the union if they are already getting the benefits for free now?
You're right no one is forcing them to work here. Go over to Fedex or Amazon and see how their benefits stack up to the union ones
Wait....there are new hires getting benefits and not paying union dues?

Where im at, u have to make ur 30 days before u make union. During the 30 days ur paying whatever the joining fee is for union. The take it nomatter what. Not an option.
And then u wait like a year for benefits. This is part time. But every month ur paying union dues.
Ive never heard of an option otherwise

542thruNthru

Wait....there are new hires getting benefits and not paying union dues?

Where im at, u have to make ur 30 days before u make union. During the 30 days ur paying whatever the joining fee is for union. The take it nomatter what. Not an option.
And then u wait like a year for benefits. This is part time. But every month ur paying union dues.
Ive never heard of an option otherwise

It's called the right to work law. It's a way to hurt unions.

Right-to-work law - Wikipedia

Upsgal72

I agree it is something that needs to be worked out better. It's not very fair to those of us who are paying our dues. Maybe this is some kind of recruiting technique to join? Kinda, what I had thought to get more members in the union. Idk? If so, gotta admit it's smart on their end. Buttttttt, shouldn't services be free for all? From start to end all of this contract. That then would then be fair to all involved.