Safety Vests Color Requirement

BMR

I was told that employees must only wear fluorescent green-yellow or orange safety vest on airport ramps. Is the color of safety vest requirement written somewhere?

Thank you

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I was told that employees must only wear fluorescent green-yellow or orange safety vest on airport ramps. Is the color of safety vest requirement written somewhere?

Thank you
DOK says reflective vest, I don’t think it specifies a color. Everyone wears yellow because those are the ones UPS provides for us and if they are going to force us to wear them, I’m not paying for them.
I wore that vest the first day, haven't since. Nobody says anything to me about it.
We had a few guys try to fight it when they started cracking down on it because they thought it was just the flavor of the month. It wasn’t. Not wearing a vest in our yard is a sure fire way to get a write up.

over9five

Staff member
HERE (Chema), it has to be YELLOW.

Please wear it, it's so hard to see people, especially when it's raining.
Coming around that corner near Dispatch, and some drivers just walking into the building, doesnt think he needs it...
You do.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
DOK says reflective vest, I don’t think it specifies a color. Everyone wears yellow because those are the ones UPS provides for us and if they are going to force us to wear them, I’m not paying for them.

We had a few guys try to fight it when they started cracking down on it because they thought it was just the flavor of the month. It wasn’t. Not wearing a vest in our yard is a sure fire way to get a write up.
Airport requires a class 2 vest. Airport rules supersede ups rules

MassWineGuy

Just don’t wear any and see what happens. Latest research shows the green is more visible than the orange. Me? I’ll wear blinking lights if it helps others to avoid killing me.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
At or on? I have a hard time believing you'd be allowed in the tarmac without a vest. As a driver dropping off or picking up I could see getting away with it.
A driver at an airport ramp. If this is so important for my safety, how are the other thousands of employees who don't wear a vest able to safely walk from the parking lot to security to inside the building and about? And certainly me wearing it to and from area, inside my package car, isn't going to matter. So the rest of the day not wearing one it's ok? All the other years not wearing one I was in imminent danger? Exactly, BS except if you're like a yard jockey or work out in the yard, then yes. As an RPCD, miss me.