Scared and worried

Seriously no reason to be “scared”… in the end it’s just a job. If you lost it there are others you could go get. Maybe the pay wouldn’t be as high but maybe less stress. What good is a high paying ups job when you’re dead from a heart attack???
Vanessa career you got your benefits and pension to think about it not too many jobs offer those benefits

JL 0513

Don't drive scared,

df7c75e58b93af42bdf3dd17bb22d66ff69bc49b53e2ad7c75371944eee2b087._RI_TTW_.jpg

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Canada. 3 years as ups driver. I had an accident on January hitting a parked car when my truck slid on ice due to bad weather. Two days ago, Oct 25, 6pm dark at night, I hit another parked car when it was parked far from the sidewalk. I had to go over yellow lane a bit to avoid it. When I got back to the lane, I clipped car’s bumper with the middle part of my truck.

Manager decided to suspend me for 3 days. Union guy said. I have 2 options: accept 3 days or grieve but manager said they will up it to 5 days. Manager said I’m lucky because other drivers get fired after 2 accidents in a year. He’s just probably trying to scare me and it is working. Union guy advices me to take 3 days because 90% chance they won’t implement it because our department is in desperate need of drivers.

My big problem is I’m living in fear. I get anxiety and depression easily. Now I drive in fear. My mind is always saying: what if I get into an accident again within a year? I will lose my job. And it’s affecting my personal life as I have kids to feed. Need advice to help me ease my mind?
20231026_053259~2.jpg

qdg2

Seriously no reason to be “scared”… in the end it’s just a job. If you lost it there are others you could go get. Maybe the pay wouldn’t be as high but maybe less stress. What good is a high paying ups job when you’re dead from a heart attack???
Easy to say......easy come easy go? Maybe. The following from a circle of honor(33 years)

When I went driving, I already had 9 years in full time. I had a lot to lose. For a 3 year guy? Probably a different circumstance. HE HAS A FAMILY. Id bet this is the best job he's ever had and probably going to have. Having responsibilities changes things. Eating is mandatory......

That said, if he is having this much trouble......unless the circumstances change(learns how to drive in bad weather).....he'll probably not last.

Some of the few folks I knew that got fired were for accidents. One in particular was heavily into union business(failed presidential run) and the company made it stick(3 accidents in 1 yr).

There are certain folks that seem to swirl in controversy. Mostly from their own making. Always late. Multiple failed marriages.....DUI. Injuries.

So, I don't know what "scared" means exactly. Probably more like deeply concerned...........and with winter coming in Canada and sitting on 2 accidents.....he should be.

Now, if a reset is coming in Jan., just 2 months. If me, I would triple down on space and visibility and make sure I didn't have an accident....whatever that takes...including production. Be purposeful and deliberate. Don't take chances. Now, if that means "drop anchor", expect the added "stress" of such. I wonder if a guy like this could take on some union business to reduce the amount of driving days to mitigate risk. I would talk to my business agent......worth a try.