Second Class Drivers

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
This proposal does nothing to prevent the company from working you 70 hours or weekends

The story reads they would work 40 hours.

Surely the negotiating team would not give UPS the option to work them just as many hours as a regular FT driver at a reduced rate.

On second thought this is a horrible idea.

Tony Q

So I read over the Second Class drivers information on the Teamsters United created website. I wonder what some good proposals can be given to this possible propaganda. Obviously with the USPS, FedEx, and DHL all going to seven day operations, what should we do as Teamsters to compete with these other companies?

I believe the USPS pays their Sunday drivers 14 an hour as casuals. FedEx are independent contractors and with DHL getting back into the ground game, I believe they will be paying full scale, what should we do?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
So I read over the Second Class drivers information on the Teamsters United created website. I wonder what some good proposals can be given to this possible propaganda. Obviously with the USPS, FedEx, and DHL all going to seven day operations, what should we do as Teamsters to compete with these other companies?

I believe the USPS pays their Sunday drivers 14 an hour as casuals. FedEx are independent contractors and with DHL getting back into the ground game, I believe they will be paying full scale, what should we do?
Hire more full time drivers at driver pay.
1.1 billion in profits last quarter should just about cover that.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

If there is ratio language in the contract, similar to drivers being hired off the street then I would consider voting yes on it! So, for every 4-5 drivers hired you can hire "hybrid drivers". You have to have this language in there! The company cannot be trusted!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If anyone thinks this is going to cut your paid day down closer to 8 hours, I have a bridge to sell you.
This will be used to bust routes M - friend, not to curtail the existing routes overtime.

Tony Q

Hire more full time drivers at driver pay.
1.1 billion in profits last quarter should just about cover that.
It was actually 1.35 billion, but who's counting. What do you think is a fair profit for UPS to make per quarter, while paying drivers fifty eight dollars an hour between wages and benefits and leveling out the starting pay rate for the unborn part time workers that are going to be working here in the future?

brown_trousers

Why not 22.3 pay for inside work, driver pay for driver work. Anytime a hybrid goes over 40 all hours for the week paid at driver rate.

Cuz that would defeat the purpose behind the creation of these jobs.

We teamster always preach about not letting UPS get their foot in the door with this kind of stuff. But allowing full time driver jobs to mix with inside jobs is just that. The two jobs should kept completely seperate. Combo jobs should be inside work only and driving jobs should be driving only.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
It was actually 1.35 billion, but who's counting. What do you think is a fair profit for UPS to make per quarter, while paying drivers fifty eight dollars an hour between wages and benefits and leveling out the starting pay rate for the unborn part time workers that are going to be working here in the future?
They don't pay me enough to answer that. Ask the ceo making 7000$ an hour.

F

Frankie's Friend

We get our work done before Sunday.

Tony Q

They don't pay me enough to answer that. Ask the ceo making 7000$ an hour.
I understand that you are in your opinion underpaid, but this is a discussion forum, so I thought you would give it a try. FYI Apple announced their quarterly profit earnings in the last couple of days. I thought it was a typo when I saw they made 61 billion this quarter. I wonder how many of their production workers are making 36 an hour.

Tony Q

We get our work done before Sunday.
I know we do, and we are damn good at it, but we do have to evolve with the customers needs. How can we deliver on the weekends, stay competitive, and still keep some semblance of order within the workers? I'm looking for some viable solutions.

upschuck

We teamster always preach about not letting UPS get their foot in the door with this kind of stuff. But allowing full time driver jobs to mix with inside jobs is just that. The two jobs should kept completely seperate. Combo jobs should be inside work only and driving jobs should be driving only.
Too late for that.