SFA next week

Oldfart

How can I fairly put in an honest dumpy SFA score if I have had 4 managers and 2 seniors in the past year when they were all mediocres?
Years ago they would always do a manager swap a few months before SFA. Every manager in the station would take on a new work group. It made the new manager responsible for the actions of the previous managers. I believe those actions are now prohibited.

If they were ALL mediocre, seems like the same score would apply to them. I would imagine each had bad qualities that the other might not have. Sounds like you just have to answer each question based on an experience with all managers as a group. Kind of like an average score.

SmithBarney

SFA, Apparently this year they won't be able to tell who hasn't taken it yet, because in years past they have hounded and harassed those who refuse to take it.

They are judged more harshly on % of work group that they can get to take the SFA.

"if you can't even get your work group to take the SFA, how would you get them to work harder"

Now for those wanting to roast their manager thinking it'll get them relocated...just be prepared for the replacement... it might not be as good as you hope for.

Oldfart

SFA, Apparently this year they won't be able to tell who hasn't taken it yet, because in years past they have hounded and harassed those who refuse to take it.

They are judged more harshly on % of work group that they can get to take the SFA.

"if you can't even get your work group to take the SFA, how would you get them to work harder"

Now for those wanting to roast their manager thinking it'll get them relocated...just be prepared for the replacement... it might not be as good as you hope for.

There have been times I didn't take it for 1 reason or another. Never experienced any scrutiny.

zeev

We haven't heard squat about SFA recently. In years past, we would be hearing the same thing in pre-work this time of year telling us all of the ways they addressed last year's SFA issues. Nothing at all, it's like they know it will be bad and they don't care.
The only response you will ever get is if no one took sfa. They no longer respond at all to sfa at my location.

BootsOnTarmac

Does anyone know who can read the sfa scores? Ive been told only District Mangaers and HR and higher? Anyone know?

Good question.

I have heard rumors that managers can check the current score day to day during the SFA, but not knowing who or not has taken it.

I would assume a good manager would want everyone in their workgroup to take the SFA in order to marginalize the bad apple employees.

I say again: Don't dump on your manager for concerns outside of their direct control. If you are spanked for tardiness, blatant poor job performance, " I don't like being here but need a job", not being in your work area when required, etc... You need to find another job! Don't blame your manager.

I'm speaking from a Hub / Ramp point of view.

We didn't get food this year. Our freight has been insane and yes.... late.
My mngrs got a decent review from me but my uppers got "strongly disagree " across the board.

Oldfart

Heard of a MD or Managing Directer or District Director. Have NEVER heard 1 referred to as District Manager.

Have had many discussions with MD, SM and other managers and have never been told that anyone outside of HR can view your SFA. Maybe that poster is just trying to ruffle feathers.

vantexan

Heard of a MD or Managing Directer or District Director. Have NEVER heard 1 referred to as District Manager.

Have had many discussions with MD, SM and other managers and have never been told that anyone outside of HR can view your SFA. Maybe that poster is just trying to ruffle feathers.
I've seen things in different parts of the country get called different things. Not too out of line to say district manager.

dezguy

My managers boss is the district manager, here...