Snow day!!!

oldupsman

They took all our chains away in the 80's and replaced them with a bucket of chicken grit. They threw the chains away--even new ones. I've still got a few pair somewhere in my workshop that I rescued out of the UPS dumpster. I've made several sets of ATV chains out of my stash.
I grabbed 3 pair when they did that and stashed them in my locker. Used them for quite a few more |
years. Management never said a word.

ManInBrown

For whatever reason we don’t get a lot of ice accumulation where I live. Its either cold enough to snow, or warm enough where it rains. It’s 29 degrees right now but it’s raining. Not sure what weather phenomenon causes that. So they’ve been saying for a few days we are going to have very treacherous roads due to freezing rain And ice buildup. Holy sheet they weren’t kidding. Just ran to the store and it was 100 times more scary driving my car on icy roads then it was driving in a snowstorm pulling a 53 footer a few days ago. Almost ate it 3 separate times. I’ll be back to work Wednesday. No chance I’m driving in this Monday and Tuesday. Someone’s got a 4 day weekend.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
For whatever reason we don’t get a lot of ice accumulation where I live. Its either cold enough to snow, or warm enough where it rains. It’s 29 degrees right now but it’s raining. Not sure what weather phenomenon causes that. So they’ve been saying for a few days we are going to have very treacherous roads due to freezing rain And ice buildup. Holy sheet they weren’t kidding. Just ran to the store and it was 100 times more scary driving my car on icy roads then it was driving in a snowstorm pulling a 53 footer a few days ago. Almost ate it 3 separate times. I’ll be back to work Wednesday. No chance I’m driving in this Monday and Tuesday. Someone’s got a 4 day weekend.
It's not a sick day, it's a safety day.