So glad not to be working at UPS these days.

1080Driver

I retired after 27 years in Sept. 2017 & glad I left then. It was just as they started Saturday deliveries which screwed up Mondays and now with this Covid19 there's no way I'd be care to be there.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I retired after 27 years in Sept. 2017 & glad I left then. It was just as they started Saturday deliveries which screwed up Mondays and now with this Covid19 there's no way I'd be care to be there.
A lot of us are close with you bud. Waiting to see how this 'hero fund' plays out. Wouldn't you of stayed an extra year if you knew you'd make an extra $25,000 on top of your $90-$99k wage?

Of course if you cleared 6-figures last year then it's only $5k & that's not worth staying. $25k though! Be nice for those to say in 2021 that they bailed because UPS only paid out $124,000 last year delivering packages. :congratualtions:

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Saturday s are still a mess and with no hazard pay offered, it’s a joke.

1080Driver

A lot of us are close with you bud. Waiting to see how this 'hero fund' plays out. Wouldn't you of stayed an extra year if you knew you'd make an extra $25,000 on top of your $90-$99k wage?

Of course if you cleared 6-figures last year then it's only $5k & that's not worth staying. $25k though! Be nice for those to say in 2021 that they bailed because UPS only paid out $124,000 last year delivering packages. :congratualtions:

I'll take my health and happiness instead but whatever is more important to you is fine by me.

tadpole

Everything is cancelled and closed, we’re not allowed to go anywhere or do anything. Thank goodness I have my job to keep me busy through this time.

deeztier

it's worse than peak in terms of managerial behavior: over/under total plan harassment, telematics harassment, nda commits, EDD having twice the amount of stops than there actually is in the truck.

did i forget peak volume and a deadly virus? :lol:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
People who still work for Brown ask me if I regretted retiring when I did. 3 1/2 years before social security kicked in.

Absolutely NO regrets. love every day being retired. Planned well.

I have seen many drivers work themselves into a trap so they can't retired. The new boat , motorcycle , RV , toy hauler , buying up in houses instead of down. Saw so much of that after a new contract was signed.

a trap as far as we were concerned.

Indecisi0n

source.gif

People who still work for Brown ask me if I regretted retiring when I did. 3 1/2 years before social security kicked in.

Absolutely NO regrets. love every day being retired. Planned well.

I have seen many drivers work themselves into a trap so they can't retired. The new boat , motorcycle , RV , toy hauler , buying up in houses instead of down. Saw so much of that after a new contract was signed.

a trap as far as we were concerned.
You have touched on why I always thought the company plays hardball at contract time as well as why they relish dragging their feet when scheduling disciplinary hearings for fired drivers. They know many guys are overextended.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I'll take my health and happiness instead but whatever is more important to you is fine by me.
1080, Joe & Road Beech. I agree with you three. You got out before Corona. I'm just saying, using these safe work practices our company & government is providing & us wearing masks, gloves, shields on road. Signing for customers. If you were set to retire June of this year. I know you'd at least stayed until fall to see if this $25,000 kicks in. You got out a year to years ago with no extra incentives at the earliest possible time. I totally understand that.

It's a risk... I'll give you that. You can be leaning down loading your 45-degree hand cart off your bumper and turn right face to face with a customer handing you an ARS and wonder if you got exposed. So it does have its risks. I'd just hate to let go in June and co-workers tell me they got $25,000 in September & I should of stayed. Plus, in just a little over 100-days another big fat, beautiful raise.

Our team members are pretty fond of letting you know when you're on vacation that they added routes or catered in a big spread while you were away.

Just pray for me I'll be safe & those around me will too.

I thank you.:thumbup1:

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The pension and social security is about half of what I used to make.

don't miss that extra money at all. my Dad collected his pension for 35 years. ( age 55 to 90 ) I expect a minimum of 25 years. .......all gravy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The pension and social security is about half of what I used to make.

don't miss that extra money at all. my Dad collected his pension for 35 years. ( age 55 to 90 ) I expect a minimum of 25 years. .......all gravy.

I am going to assume that your pension ($2K) and SS ($2K) are roughly $4K combined. The pension may be as high as $3K. Anyway, I'll go with $4K-----are you seriously telling us that you used to gross $8K/month??