So they started taking temperature and asking if you have signs of the flu...

dezguy

Well then the customer has the right to refuse entry into their business if that’s the case.
And then they don't get their shipment.

I've had a few places try to get me to sign something basically saying I and FedEx are liable if a breakout of covid happens in their facility and can be traced back to me. I refuse to sign and bring their stuff back to sta. Then it's up to them whether they want to go pick it up or allow me to enter their facility without having to sign a waiver.

AB831

And then they don't get their shipment.

I've had a few places try to get me to sign something basically saying I and FedEx are liable if a breakout of covid happens in their facility and can be traced back to me. I refuse to sign and bring their stuff back to sta. Then it's up to them whether they want to go pick it up or allow me to enter their facility without having to sign a waiver.
Oh, that’s a totally different story. I agree, I’m not signing anything. I delivered a package to a dialysis center and they asked to take my temperature with one of those forehead scanners, and I complied just because she was so nice and I didn’t feel any reason not to do so. However, if she had told me to sign something, like you said, she’d have been driving back to the warehouse that evening.

AB831

You make it sound so easy. Bacha says it takes a qualified medical professional to operate such a complicated piece of equipment, available for $50 at Walmart.
Well considering his limited intelligence, a thermometer probably seems like advanced equipment to him.

Working4the1%

Oh, that’s a totally different story. I agree, I’m not signing anything. I delivered a package to a dialysis center and they asked to take my temperature with one of those forehead scanners, and I complied just because she was so nice and I didn’t feel any reason not to do so. However, if she had told me to sign something, like you said, she’d have been driving back to the warehouse that evening.
And what if she said your temp was 101 ??? What then??

AB831

ok 100.5.now that you have been informed at a customer location..what would you do??
If you have a 100.5 fever, you would barely be able to sit up in bed and take a sip of Gatorade before wanting to lie back down and die. I’m really not even sure what point you’re trying to make, but if you have a fever, you probably aren’t going to find out because a customer scanned you. You’ll know from how miserable you already feel.

Working4the1%

If you have a 100.5 fever, you would barely be able to sit up in bed and take a sip of Gatorade before wanting to lie back down and die. I’m really not even sure what point you’re trying to make, but if you have a fever, you probably aren’t going to find out because a customer scanned you. You’ll know from how miserable you already feel.
You are clearly not a Doctor...the point is if you go to a stop and they inform you of your temp and its over 100.4..they are now informing you of your LIABILITY. Thats why I say to them..refused by who???????

It will be fine

Not everyone is as soft as you. I’ve worked through plenty of fevers. If there wasn’t a global pandemic I would have worked through the corona virus.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It’s intended to point out that you are wrong in your belief that everyone that hits a 100.4 fever will be totally debilitated. For many people it’s not a big deal.

Yeah, you guys forgot that I was detained for about a half hour returning to base because I was over 100°friend from a day of running gunning...

I told them I ran out of h20 in the past half hour so I got a bit overheated.

No big deal

bacha29

Now that's the funniest I've read in a LONG time.

No touch thermometer....aim it at the forehead and pull the trigger.

Taking someone's temperature is a medical procedure? They just do what the managers/SM tell them. If you have a fever, you're not allowed in.
A temperature check is still a significant piece of valuable and personal medical information. The bigger question is. with whom will that information be shared and is that person or persons legally entitled to see that information .

But,then again you Express people are so badly brain washed to you simply lack the courage to put issues such as this in front of management and call them out on it.

bacha29

Yeah, you guys forgot that I was detained for about a half hour returning to base because I was over 100°friend from a day of running gunning...

I told them I ran out of h20 in the past half hour so I got a bit overheated.

No big deal
As employee of a third party contractor what legal right does ground management have to conduct medical tests of any kind on you an non employee of the company?

Then again, you probably work for a contractor who doesn't have the testicles to call them out on this matter. Practices like this both big and small is why we continue to tell you to get out of that feces hole and get to the better place you are so richly deserving of.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A temperature check is still a significant piece of valuable and personal medical information. The bigger question is. with whom will that information be shared and is that person or persons legally entitled to see that information .

But,then again you Express people are so badly brain washed to you simply lack the courage to put issues such as this in front of management and call them out on it.
Calm down, bacha.
“When may an ADA-covered employer take the body temperature of employees during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Generally, measuring an employee’s body temperature is a medical examination. This means that under the ADA, taking an employee’s temperature generally would be impermissible unless it was job-related and consistent with business necessity. However, because the CDC and state/local health authorities have acknowledged community spread of COVID-19 and issued attendant precautions, employers may measure employees’ body temperature. See additional questions at the EEOC’s What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19.

When an employer collects employee temperature functioning as an employer, such as in connection with protecting its workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic, is that information subject to the HIPAA Privacy Rule?
No. As stated above, employers acting as employers are not covered entities or business associates under HIPAA.”

bacha29

Calm down, bacha.
“When may an ADA-covered employer take the body temperature of employees during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Generally, measuring an employee’s body temperature is a medical examination. This means that under the ADA, taking an employee’s temperature generally would be impermissible unless it was job-related and consistent with business necessity. However, because the CDC and state/local health authorities have acknowledged community spread of COVID-19 and issued attendant precautions, employers may measure employees’ body temperature. See additional questions at the EEOC’s What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19.

When an employer collects employee temperature functioning as an employer, such as in connection with protecting its workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic, is that information subject to the HIPAA Privacy Rule?
No. As stated above, employers acting as employers are not covered entities or business associates under HIPAA.”
Thanks and there it is. If they can take this action the next issue is with whom can this information be shared? How broadly can it be distributed? Will it become part of the employee personnel record and can it be shared with other employers as part of the vetting process of a job applicant? Likewise, did Fat Freddy provide his minions with prior notice as to when this practice would begin?