Spot lights??

JJinVA

I have a rechargeable police-style flashlight that will light the whole god d--- house up when I hit the button. Pretty sweet. Was a gift so I dont know who makes it. Seems like every house I deliver to at night has the numbers hidden and the lights off so I def use it alot

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Why don't these trucks have spot lights for house numbers?
What is your go to flashlight ?
Learn your route and you won't need a spotlight. Stop staring at your phone and the diad. Use your brain and you'll be better off in the long run. We all know you won't so get a bigazz rechargeable spotlight to find the house numbers.

vvv

Why don't these trucks have spot lights for house numbers?
What is your go to flashlight ?

My go to "flashlight" are first my feet, and then my eyes. I walk up the sidewalk and get close to the house and then look for the address and look closely. If I guess wrong I start walking again.....no flashlight buddy. UPS says to grasp packages with 2 hands at opposite corners. So until I grow a 3rd hand I won't use one and continue to stroll the neighborhood aimlessly in the dark.

cosis

Learn your route and you won't need a spotlight. Stop staring at your phone and the diad. Use your brain and you'll be better off in the long run. We all know you won't so get a bigazz rechargeable spotlight to find the house numbers.
yep I can't see :censored2: at night so i would be screwed if i depended on a flashlight

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
My go to "flashlight" are first my feet, and then my eyes. I walk up the sidewalk and get close to the house and then look for the address and look closely. If I guess wrong I start walking again.....no flashlight buddy. UPS says to grasp packages with 2 hands at opposite corners. So until I grow a 3rd hand I won't use one and continue to stroll the neighborhood aimlessly in the dark.
That's why I used to use a headlamp, but now being on my route for 8 years you just know all the address breaks and go with the flow.

wornoutupser

We have a driver here that has a hand held spotlight. The mechanic installed a power jack for it. This thing will blind you at a quarter mile!

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Surefire 6p with an led upgrade. Bought it long time ago but there are cheaper alternatives nowadays that will beam 50 feet easily to see addresses. Just find a light one that will fit in your shirt pocket that uses rechargeable Li-on batteries.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
People really are so intent on "sticking it" to the company that they actually prefer to walk in complete darkness. Lmao! Great way to put an ankle in a ditch, bust your legs on a set of lift forks, or get tangled in something. But you sure showed them.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
People really are so intent on "sticking it" to the company that they actually prefer to walk in complete darkness. Lmao! Great way to put an ankle in a ditch, bust your legs on a set of lift forks, or get tangled in something. But you sure showed them.
Or get bit by some stealth hellhound.

Not everyone has their own route.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
lots of houses on my route are too far off the street for house numbers, and mailboxes are clustered so both sides of the street are on one side. you really have to learn your route. i got a 9.99 spotlight from costco that pretty easily lights up the mailboxes 75-100ft in front of me, and with a lanyard i can hang it from the cradle.