Statement from President Joe Biden on protecting 600,000 Teamsters’ pensions

Thebrownblob

As needed when trucks need to be replaced. Might as well forget that ever happeneing.
Pretty much what I said, when I saw that language since the company had recently replaced almost every vehicle in our building with brand new vehicles. They keep them 20 to 30 years. I’m never seeing air-conditioning lol.

Johney

Pineapple King
Pretty much what I said, when I saw that language since the company had recently replaced almost every vehicle in our building with brand new vehicles. They keep them 20 to 30 years. I’m never seeing air-conditioning lol.
Same thing in my old building,at least 50 brand new trucks maybe even more.

Thebrownblob

Historic...
Very historic, especially for the candy asses that need air conditioning. I didn’t expect them to get it and I don’t care if it is installed while I’m still a driver. Very happy the future workers will get it because apparently they need it and want it, I’m good without it. If I ever needed air conditioning, I would’ve went to Feeders long ago.

Appvol

Very historic, especially for the candy asses that need air conditioning. I didn’t expect them to get it and I don’t care if it is installed while I’m still a driver. Very happy the future workers will get it because apparently they need it and want it, I’m good without it. If I ever needed air conditioning, I would’ve went to Feeders long ago.
The one nice thing about the A/C will be on those rainy days the windows fog up. Putting the A/C blowing on the windshield should help to keep them from fogging up.

Thebrownblob

That Brandon Smalls dude managed to organize a warehouse which is a good place to start. The drivers will be more difficult since they're considered to be "independent contractors". Let's hope for the best.
Organizing workers at Amazon is easy, most of them want it. The problem for Chris and anybody else is that he’s been unable to get a contract because the companies can drag their feet. Eventually, the people that voted for it quit or get scared and decide to not support the union anymore because the union looks powerless. This is because of bad legislation..

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

It might be pretty helpful in the south and they will get it sooner bc of the zones. Being in New England we are gonna be running the old trucks from every other zone with no AC even after our own trucks get crushed. I’ve got 24 years left maybe I’ll get some cool air on my retirement route…

Thebrownblob

It might be pretty helpful in the south and they will get it sooner bc of the zones. Being in New England we are gonna be running the old trucks from every other zone with no AC even after our own trucks get crushed. I’ve got 24 years left maybe I’ll get some cool air on my retirement route…
If you’ve got 24 years left, you’re gonna get AC.

I know this topic has been discussed before but Biden had to do something for the teamsters after those rail road workers got :censored2:ed over. Anywho, I'm glad the working man got a "bailout" (if that's what people want to call it) after all the money we hand out for corporate welfare. It was the right thing to do.

Thebrownblob

I know this topic has been discussed before but Biden had to do something for the teamsters after those rail road workers got :censored2:ed over. Anywho, I'm glad the working man got a "bailout" (if that's what people want to call it) after all the money we hand out for corporate welfare. It was the right thing to do.
Regardless of peoples political affiliation on this website, Joe Biden deserves credit for doing what he did. It is a significant plus in his column.