Stick shift requirement?

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Depends on the center. Some centers still have manual transmissions. Though I think by now, most of the manual trans got replaced with automatic.

542thruNthru

Can you just answer the question?
Question
Man is it that hard to be positive and help someone out with a question?
Answered
Sheeshhh I thought I posted a question not a joke
Already
Is it a requirement to know how to drive stick to be hired as a package delivery driver?
3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

Depends on the center. Some centers still have manual transmissions. Though I think by now, most of the manual trans got replaced with automatic.

So stop your whining.

AKCoverMan

Sheeshhh I thought I posted a question not a joke
Basic answer already given: it depends on the location. UPS been phasing out stick for auto for a long time but this company likes to run equipment until it falls apart then duct tape it back together “just to get thru this peak”.

If your building still got em they may make you prove you can drive one,

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
As a 21yo, I had to qualify on a stick international to become a feeder driver.

It's really not that hard, I do prefer to drive an auto though. Makes backing a tad more easy.
Depends on the tractor. Our Kenworths have a bad lurching problem when going in reverse. The manuals back smooth as silk.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Depends on the tractor. Our Kenworths have a bad lurching problem when going in reverse. The manuals back smooth as silk.
KW auto transmissions are programmed terribly.
Turning off hill assist helps.

I don't know what kind of purchasing contracts are going on, but all our new tractors are cascadias and they're amazing in every way compared to the kenworths.

HFolb23

KW auto transmissions are programmed terribly.
Turning off hill assist helps.

I don't know what kind of purchasing contracts are going on, but all our new tractors are cascadias and they're amazing in every way compared to the kenworths.
Everyone loves the Cascadias and I know I’m the minority when I say this but I absolutely cannot stand them. There’s just nothing truck-like about them, I feel like I’m driving an overgrown mini van. The only thing I liked about that tractor was the in-cab king pin release like the yard dogs have.

I’ll keep my Mack for as long as I can.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Everyone loves the Cascadias and I know I’m the minority when I say this but I absolutely cannot stand them. There’s just nothing truck-like about them, I feel like I’m driving an overgrown mini van. The only thing I liked about that tractor was the in-cab king pin release like the yard dogs have.

I’ll keep my Mack for as long as I can.
The steering wheel controls are fabulous on the frieghtliner.