Stimulus Checks=More friend'n work!

MrFeeder

No thanks.
It’s alright, this job is not for everybody. Many drivers survive day to day basis by complaining about nothing and very little drivers lives off of the energy that makes them feel that their job is secured. It shows a lot of about character but not everyone is built the same.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
you know you can send a request via diad demanding assistance with overweight. Good customer service is a good investment for any plans of retirement.
Dude. If you cant safely get it up the steps two people doesnt always work out.

The one on the down side still gets most of the weight!

So Article 18 will apply for delivering in unsafe conditions. Just because some non-union furniture guys want to work unsafely doesnt mean that we, who make 30 times the stops per day that they do, have to be stupid.
20200426_092833.jpg
Screenshot_20200426-092947_Drive.jpg

Last edited:

Poop Head

Judge me.
It’s alright, this job is not for everybody. Many drivers survive day to day basis by complaining about nothing and very little drivers lives off of the energy that makes them feel that their job is secured. It shows a lot of about character but not everyone is built the same.
@vvv walks the walk.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wrong as usual.
Were you also trained to work off the clock and to not clear your walk path in the street?

Suppose it were your Grandma that lived on the 3rd floor of an apartment building that did not have an elevator. Would you be OK if one of your co-workers left an OS for her downstairs in the lobby?

Get off your ass and do the job the way that you were trained to do it!!!

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Suppose it were your Grandma that lived on the 3rd floor of an apartment building that did not have an elevator. Would you be OK if one of your co-workers left an OS for her downstairs in the lobby?

My Grandma wouldn't want me to get hurt dragging all of that upstairs.

Evidently your grandma didn't care about you.

Makes me wonder if you were adopted and a troublesome child.
Do you want to talk about it? You can PM @Integrity and he can try to help you, even at your old age.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

I would tell my grandma to stop ordering furniture off the internet and if she does it again shes packing that mfer up 3 flights by herself.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I would tell my grandma to stop ordering furniture off the internet and if she does it again shes packing that mfer up 3 flights by herself.
Hey, if I got no harassment for breaking down the packages into smaller, less than over 70# parts and pieces I'd be more than happy to unbox it and hand carry all of that upstairs.

You know, it would be fun to do that during an ojs ride.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
@UpstateNYUPSer ,
Fyi I had a Lazy Boy recliner to deliver to a ranch style home. The sucker wouldnt fit thru the dang fence gate at the porch.

I rang the front doorbell and when the elderly lady came out I explained the situation and asked if there was another way to get it onto the porch or another unobstructed doorway to use.

She told me there wasnt and it was to go into the living room right inside the door where I was standing. Then she cried and told me that her husband had just passed away and that no one else lived close to help her get it inside.

So, I broke open the box, brought both pieces into the house separately, and put it together in the spot she wanted it to stay.

I (and the company) lost a bunch of time doing that but in this instance it really didnt matter if I got a talk with in the office the next day about why I was there 15 extra minutes.

There is no easy answer to the quagmire of the freight we now are burdened with but common sense, according to each driver's ability, should prevail.

rocket man

Some lady on the third floor of an apartment ordered THREE queen sized beds off amazon yesterday. Sucks they don't have an elevator so I had to leave them at the bottom of the stairs....Who needs 3 queen sized beds for an apartment!?
You did the right thing by leaving them at the bottom. I had a person that had four tires on rims for Mercedes-Benz he wanted me to bring them up to the third floor apartment walk up. I told him if he's going to put them on his car in his living room i will bring them up if not their staying down. He o ended putting them in the back seat and then the trunk of his car

Poop Head

Judge me.
You did the right thing by leaving them at the bottom. I had a person that had four tires on rims for Mercedes-Benz he wanted me to bring them up to the third floor apartment walk up. I told him if he's going to put them on his car in his living room i will bring them up if not their staying down. He o ended putting them in the back seat and then the trunk of his car
Eff that! I woulda brought them right up so hed have to take them down!

dudebro

Now, that’s common sense. Later on, even that guy would be like, “I’m glad the driver talked me outta that.” when he had to bring the wheels back down again.

Unless he was just planning to roll them down and take out three pensioners in the lobby.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now, that’s common sense. Later on, even that guy would be like, “I’m glad the driver talked me outta that.” when he had to bring the wheels back down again.

Unless he was just planning to roll them down and take out three pensioners in the lobby.

I used to suggest to customers who ordered their new tires online to check with the shop that you were going to have install them to see if it would be OK to have them sent there. No, I wasn't looking to get out of work----I had two tire shops on my route---I was just trying to save them the trouble of having to load them back in to their vehicle just to bring them down to the shop that was going to install them.

Work smarter, not harder.