Storming the Capitol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Too bad you have no morals or ethics
1602085721609.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Define private citizen. Is an ex president ever a private citizen?

I don't know, do you count the office of the former president an actual government office?

He’s not being prosecuted. It’s not a judicial preceding. The people’s branch is deciding if the executive violated his oath and if he should be barred from holding public office again. It’s literally the basic check of the legislative branch against the executive.

Not the executive anymore. Unless you consider the office of the former president to be an actual government office.

Man, I love the amount of legal scholars on this thread. How many lawyers do we have here? Law professors? Historians? Show of hands, guys.

Anyway, not a chance in hell he gets convicted. The GOP base would be in open rebellion. I'll be shocked if 8 R senators flip.

Wait until you meet the guys who are not only legal scholars, but also epidemiologists. Most drive or load trucks in their spare time.

I know my knowledge and intellect makes all you people who simply parrot CNN talking points feel inferior. I'll try to tone it down.

I don't know, do you count the office of the former president an actual government office?
By law, former presidents are entitled to a pension, staff, office expenses, medical care, health insurance, and Secret Service protection.

Not the perks of private citizens around here.

i cannot find a January clause that exempts a president from impeachment in the constitution.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
By law, former presidents are entitled to a pension, staff, office expenses, medical care, health insurance, and Secret Service protection.

i cannot find a January clause that exempts a president from impeachment in the constitution.

Not the President anymore, unless you're telling me you think that he still is? Not sure what's so hard to understand here.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

i cannot find a January clause that exempts a former president from impeachment in the constitution.
Did you forget to include former?

It is really hard to follow your posts!
Damn Dude!
Slow down and proof read out loud to yourself.

Box Ox

My point is, a private citizen does not get those benefits. He was impeached while in office. So there is a January clause?
Trump is now vulnerable to ongoing investigations/resulting charges and potential lawsuits specifically because he is now a private citizen. Taxpayer-funded Presidential retirement perks don't change that.