Storming the Capitol

vantexan

Two wrongs don’t make it right. What about that. This is a chance to do right. Do right for the police, the victims, and the American population. Next time the left does wrong, then you can say “what about what we did to make things right?” Christian principles the Republican Party has forgotten.
If only the Democrats would do right by the American public. Stop twisting things for political advantage. That would be a huge start. Won't hold my breath.

They took too long to present the articles of impeachment. He's not president anymore, Congress has no jurisdiction over him. Pure bollocks dog and pony show. Democrats hate the constitution, and the rights of the citizens.
he is being held accountable for his actions before January 20, 2021 @ 12:00. Impeachment was handed down, articles delivered to the senate before Jan 20, 2021 @ 12:00. If articles were delivered after January 20, I would agree with you.

vantexan

Your defense of the obviously incorrect belief that former officials can’t be held accountable is to cry about Maxine Waters. It’s just sad.
I cried about a number of Dems. You just can't admit your side does everything you accuse Republicans of doing, only much worse. By the way it has come out that the Capitol Police and the FBI were aware at least a week in advance of a possible riot. Pelosi ignored them. No doubt calculations were made as to how to use a riot to the Dems advantage. So tell me, will this trial hold Trump accountable? Seems you've already decided his guilt. In other words a kangaroo court.

vantexan

he is being held accountable for his actions before January 20, 2021 @ 12:00. Impeachment was handed down, articles delivered to the senate before Jan 20, 2021 @ 12:00. If articles were delivered after January 20, I would agree with you.
Being held accountable presumes a conviction. Obviously you don't believe in a fair trial. Just a formality.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They took too long to present the articles of impeachment. He's not president anymore, Congress has no jurisdiction over him.
Impeachment was handed down, articles delivered to the senate before Jan 20, 2021 @ 12:00. If articles were delivered after January 20, I would agree with you.
They delivered them January 25th.
Welcome aboard the Trump train @1989, unconstitutional impeachment!

bacha29

I'd call you an idiot if it wouldn't get me put in BC jail again but it would, so I won't.

I'd just ask you to provide the legal, Constitutional basis for the "fact" you provided.

I'll save you some time, it does not exist and is contrary to

Article 1, Section 3, provides (emphasis added):
SCOTUS gave NO comment or explanation of any kind as to WHY Robert's chose not to preside over Trump's SECOND impeachment trial which they are entitled to do. Just as they can dismiss cases outright without comment. If you've got a problem with that go see them about it.

bacha29

If only the Democrats would do right by the American public. Stop twisting things for political advantage. That would be a huge start. Won't hold my breath.
Now exactly what in your view is " right by the American public"? Now in keeping with what is "right" in your opinion regarding DJT should he or should he not be brought up on federal charges and if convicted should he or should he not serve time in a federal prison?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Now exactly what in your view is " right by the American public"? Now in keeping with what is "right" in your opinion regarding DJT should he or should he not be brought up on federal charges and if convicted should he or should he not serve time in a federal prison?
Only your kangaroo impeachment court would convict. You need to accept his acquittal, your constant crying is not healthy.

They delivered them January 25th.
Welcome aboard the Trump train @1989, unconstitutional impeachment!

Gee, I wonder why they went forward with it if it was too late? Can you tell me why?

bacha29

Only your kangaroo impeachment court would convict. You need to accept his acquittal, your constant crying is not healthy.
He can and probably will be acquitted on charges of inciting a riot and ONLY inciting a riot which in turn will allow future presidents to behave in a similar fashion and get away with it because after all it is in your opinion a "kangaroo court" However he may still be brought up on other charges at both federal and state levels. He's not out of the post presidency legal troubles woods yet.

How much better it would have been for the nation including himself by accepting the cold fact that he lost the election and by the same margin he won by which he called a "landside". And there's nothing "creative " about that.