Storming the Capitol

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
You mentioning lies is quite funny. donald falsely claimed after the 2016 election, which he won, that millions of people had illegally voted for his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Leading up to the 2020 election, he again routinely asserted that voting in the US would be rigged against him, and afterward, when he denied his loss, critics began using the term "the Big Lie" to describe his rejection of the factual world.

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_123911_645.jpg
    IMG_20210610_123911_645.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 57

Sportello

Yup they declared it debunked.
Now they're admitting it wasn't debunked.
Fake news from the Washington Post.
Imagine being so obdurate that as new information becomes available you are unwilling to change your opinion.
It is unlikely that we will ever know the origin of the virus, China is not about to let us waltz in WIV to examine al their logs. At the time all we knew is what we were told.

Here are just a few of the things we were told early on.

Jan. 24, Trump:

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Feb. 7, Trump:

"I just spoke to President Xi last night, and, you know, we're working on the — the problem, the virus. It's a — it's a very tough situation. But I think he's going to handle it. I think he's handled it really well. We're helping wherever we can."

Feb. 7, Trump:

“Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days … Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

Feb. 7, Trump:

"Late last night, I had a very good talk with President Xi, and we talked about — mostly about the coronavirus. They're working really hard, and I think they are doing a very professional job. They're in touch with World — the World — World Organization. CDC also. We're working together. But World Health is working with them. CDC is working with them. I had a great conversation last night with President Xi. It's a tough situation. I think they're doing a very good job.”

Feb. 10, Trump:

"I think China is very, you know, professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control," Trump said. "I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon. You know in April, supposedly, it dies with the hotter weather. And that's a beautiful date to look forward to. But China I can tell you is working very hard."

The Driver

I drive.
Imagine being so obdurate that as new information becomes available you are unwilling to change your opinion.
It is unlikely that we will ever know the origin of the virus, China is not about to let us waltz in WIV to examine al their logs. At the time all we knew is what we were told.

Jan. 24, Trump:

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Feb. 7, Trump:

"I just spoke to President Xi last night, and, you know, we're working on the — the problem, the virus. It's a — it's a very tough situation. But I think he's going to handle it. I think he's handled it really well. We're helping wherever we can."

Feb. 7, Trump:

“Just had a long and very good conversation by phone with President Xi of China. He is strong, sharp and powerfully focused on leading the counterattack on the Coronavirus. He feels they are doing very well, even building hospitals in a matter of only days … Great discipline is taking place in China, as President Xi strongly leads what will be a very successful operation. We are working closely with China to help!

Feb. 7, Trump:

"Late last night, I had a very good talk with President Xi, and we talked about — mostly about the coronavirus. They're working really hard, and I think they are doing a very professional job. They're in touch with World — the World — World Organization. CDC also. We're working together. But World Health is working with them. CDC is working with them. I had a great conversation last night with President Xi. It's a tough situation. I think they're doing a very good job.”

Feb. 10, Trump:

"I think China is very, you know, professionally run in the sense that they have everything under control," Trump said. "I really believe they are going to have it under control fairly soon. You know in April, supposedly, it dies with the hotter weather. And that's a beautiful date to look forward to. But China I can tell you is working very hard."
Shotgun diplomacy. Just say whatever. Tomorrow you can say something entirely opposite. Your cult-like following doesn’t care.

vantexan

Jan. 24, Trump:

Feb. 7, Trump:

Feb. 7, Trump:

Feb. 7, Trump:

Feb. 10, Trump:

Be sure to show all the Democrat politician quotes where they told people to go mingle and enjoy themselves and called Trump xenophobic. Early on about the only people in this country that knew what we were up against was Fauci and company. And they were busy CYAing their involvement in funding that Chinese lab. Fauci even said early on masks don't help. But it's TRUMP!!!! 24/7.

Sportello

Be sure to show all the Democrat politician quotes where they told people to go mingle and enjoy themselves and called Trump xenophobic. Early on about the only people in this country that knew what we were up against was Fauci and company. And they were busy CYAing their involvement in funding that Chinese lab. Fauci even said early on masks don't help. But it's TRUMP!!!! 24/7.
LOL! Yeah, but!!!

why would you get yourself in a tizzy about exact quotes from the most powerful man in the world? Are you saying the Democratic politicians had more information than him?

The second half of your rambling paragraph is just misinformation, or misconstrued statements.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That has nothing to do with my post.

The Washington Post declared the lab leak theory debunked. No new information has emerged.

Now they're admitting it wasn't debunked at the time and it isn't debunked now. Fake news from the Washington Post.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Early on about the only people in this country that knew what we were up against was Fauci and company. And they were busy CYAing their involvement in funding that Chinese lab.
The second half of your rambling paragraph is just misinformation, or misconstrued statements.
No it's not, it's the truth, you just don't like it because it makes you look gullible and silly in hindsight for trusting the left wing media.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
JUST IN - Biden, Johnson commit to a 15% "global" minimum tax amid talks of exemptions for China.

Man you truly are completely clueless to what is going on.
Last Saturday ... hardly just in.

Representatives from seven of the world's wealthiest nations reached an agreement on Saturday to support a global minimum tax rate of at least 15% for multinational companies, a move aimed at curbing the use of tax havens and ending the decades-long race to the bottom on corporate taxation.

The deal struck by the U.S., Japan, Germany, France, the U.K., Italy, and Canada still faces a long road to implementation, but Saturday's development marks substantial progress toward a global accord that could allow governments to raise revenue from corporate giants notorious for shifting operations and profits overseas to avoid taxes.

vantexan

LOL! Yeah, but!!!

why would you get yourself in a tizzy about exact quotes from the most powerful man in the world? Are you saying the Democratic politicians had more information than him?

No, they weren't. You just want to attack Trump ad nauseam without anyone pointing out the flip side of the coin.

newfie

Last Saturday ... hardly just in.

Representatives from seven of the world's wealthiest nations reached an agreement on Saturday to support a global minimum tax rate of at least 15% for multinational companies, a move aimed at curbing the use of tax havens and ending the decades-long race to the bottom on corporate taxation.

The deal struck by the U.S., Japan, Germany, France, the U.K., Italy, and Canada still faces a long road to implementation, but Saturday's development marks substantial progress toward a global accord that could allow governments to raise revenue from corporate giants notorious for shifting operations and profits overseas to avoid taxes.
this is a gift to republicans . repeal it when they get power and then lure corporations to the new tax sanctuary

“The Capitol brought out every single type of domestic violent extremist from throughout the far right—the racially and ethnically motivated folks, the militia/anti-government people, unaffiliated pro-Trump people. When multiple flavors of people gather in one place, stay in the same hotels together, it runs the risk that you get crossovers, the recruitment of previously unaffiliated people by larger groups. Or even if they don’t join the group formally, it can help infuse some new ideology into their worldview. That’s the scariest part of January 6 for me.”

Bennett Clifford, senior research fellow at George Washington University’s Program on Extremism.