Storming the Capitol

MAKAVELI

Banned
It's the governments of OPEC plus Russia who control their own oil production plus the oil companies plus the futures markets that determine the price of oil. You're typically blaming corporations because that's what anti capitalism types do.
You're trying to simplify the us energy prices as something the president controls. He doesn't. The global market does as you pointed out. The point you're missing is the oil corporations make $billions in profit no matter what the price of oil is. Why are they going to spend their capital to increase production when they don't have to and they have scapegoats to blame in Biden and OPEC. They win no matter what and they really couldn't care less about the average American and the economy.

newfie

It's the governments of OPEC plus Russia who control their own oil production plus the oil companies plus the futures markets that determine the price of oil. You're typically blaming corporations because that's what anti capitalism types do.
if we become oil independent again we could return to a time where we were under trump where europe was paying three times what we were paying for oil.

vantexan

You're trying to simplify the us energy prices as something the president controls. He doesn't. The global market does as you pointed out. The point you're missing is the oil corporations make $billions in profit no matter what the price of oil is. Why are they going to spend their capital to increase production when they don't have to and they have scapegoats to blame in Biden and OPEC. They win no matter what and they really couldn't care less about the average American and the economy.
Currently oil has to be at $48 a barrel to drill a new well and make a profit. $23 a barrel for existing wells. And when oil dipped.way down at the start of the pandemic the oil companies were losing money. You keep saying BIG OIL but much of the new production is by small companies who need access to Federal land and oil above a certain price to make it worthwhile. Oil companies have huge equipment and labor costs. They don't just snap their fingers and the oil flows. And they don't make a profit no matter the price per barrel. And they don't set prices. Futures markets do.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
media lapdog article intended to defend Bidens screw ups.
you realize a business is either growing or dying?
you realize that a business that is staying viable and growing will probably report more profits or record profits each time?
you realize a business that spends billions and is viable will probably also make billions?
Requires intellect to grasp. Won’t happen in NOD and Mak’s case. They’re missing the key ingredient.

vantexan

if we become oil independent again we could return to a time where we were under trump where europe was paying three times what we were paying for oil.
Any country totally dependent on foreign oil will pay through the nose. @MAKAVELI also doesn't realize that the president shutting down Federal land means less natural gas production. Because of that our coal usage has climbed from 20% to 23% of energy usage in the last year. Not very green there Joe.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Currently oil has to be at $48 a barrel to drill a new well and make a profit. $23 a barrel for existing wells. And when oil dipped.way down at the start of the pandemic the oil companies were losing money. You keep saying BIG OIL but much of the new production is by small companies who need access to Federal land and oil above a certain price to make it worthwhile. Oil companies have huge equipment and labor costs. They don't just snap their fingers and the oil flows. And they don't make a profit no matter the price per barrel. And they don't set prices. Futures markets do.
It's up over $100 and they really haven't increased the # of rigs. You just don't get it. They want it to stay at $100 or above and will let OPEC increase production.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's up over $100 and they really haven't increased the # of rigs. You just don't get it. They want it to stay at $100 or above and will let OPEC increase production.
Don't believe you have a grasp of the situation. Biden uttered effete threats to power. Power responded.

See what your President can accomplish?

vantexan

It's over $100 a barrel not because of our oil companies but because of the disruptions caused by Putin, because of the decrease in supply due to Biden cancelling leases on Federal land, because of OPEC holding back on production, etc, etc. Prices are determined by the futures market and all of this is factored in. The traders buy and sell based on government reports, corporate reports, the latest news such as a Saudi oil field shutting down after being bombed, that sort of thing. You said I was trying to simplify what's going on to put it all on Biden but you're doing exactly that with the oil corporations. If they control the price then how did oil go negative on the futures market in 2020? And according to you they were still making billions in profits. I think you need to stop listening to the liberal line and educate yourself to how things really work. Sooner or later market forces will bring prices down and oil companies won't be making record profits. And that will probably happen when the next president reopens Federal land and offshore drilling so that our production goes way up. By the way I've heard people here grouse about our oil being exported instead of being sold domestically. It's a matter of storage. If the tank farms in Cushing, OK are maxed out the oil has to go somewhere. That's what happens when every venue possible for drilling is opened up, there's excess. And lower prices to get rid of the excess. When supplies are tight we have higher prices. Instead of defending Biden by saying it won't make any difference Biden should reverse his policies and let us see if it makes a difference. He won't because he's beholden to the far Left. Even if you don't believe any of the above you've got to know that the Democrats are going to be slammed in November because of the high prices. Starts with high fuel costs. Denying that his policies had anything to do with high prices won't change what's coming.

floridays

He does when he shuts down permits. I keep hearing all this 9,000 leases garbage. I don't give a rats ass if there are a billion leases if permits to drill aren't issued.

As to why they don't spend their capital, I addressed it above and you have no understanding of the law of diminishing returns.

Scarcity dictates the price of oil today, that scarcity is dictated by this administrations current energy policy and former administrations energy policy concerning refineries.

You're a lost ball in high weeds.

floridays

Enjoy your high gas prices, you voted for it.
That said, I expect drive- by's in the future on mopeds by your democrat type.

I hope you have to fill up today or tomorrow.

bbsam

Staff member
Dude! Get out while you can still stand up! Your arguments are pitiful! You haven't delivered a single substantive argument in this thread. In reality your arguments have sunk your battleship!
"I actually like what Biden's done in Russia"
Holy cow!
You don’t have to agree. I didn’t want Biden sprinting into WWIII and Putin can’t be allowed to re-constitute the Soviet Union and restart a Cold War. Not sure which option you’re choosing but either way you have absolutely no argument to defend it.

Thebrownblob

You don’t have to agree. I didn’t want Biden sprinting into WWIII and Putin can’t be allowed to re-constitute the Soviet Union and restart a Cold War. Not sure which option you’re choosing but either way you have absolutely no argument to defend it.
But he is sprinting into World War III, The answer is neutral not NATO, and peace not war. A strong leader can negotiate. A weak one create chaos. One way or another there’s going to be a buffer zone in Ukraine this whole conflict could’ve been stopped 90 days ago. Instead he’s pooring fuel on the fire. And we will all suffer. Along with the people of Ukraine and their destroyed country. Thanks to our weapons even though we knew damn well they could not win.

floridays

I do have an argument, one simple word.

Trump

If the election wasn't stolen, by non-constitutional and fraudulent means, we would not be here today.

vantexan

He does when he shuts down permits. I keep hearing all this 9,000 leases garbage. I don't give a rats ass if there are a billion leases if permits to drill aren't issued.

As to why they don't spend their capital, I addressed it above and you have no understanding of the law of diminishing returns.

Scarcity dictates the price of oil today, that scarcity is dictated by this administrations current energy policy and former administrations energy policy concerning refineries.

You're a lost ball in high weeds.
Actually it's 9000 permits and he cancelled leases.

bbsam

Staff member
There is no such thing as Miranda "rights".
Why do you continually prove your own incompatibility with clear thought.
Take a break and come back better. Continually being owned has to weigh on you greatly. Don't be a middle school girl. Move on/up PLEASE!
Do you really need it explained? Ok. So everyknows that in the United States the 4th Amendment protects against unreasonable search and seizure. Well no, it’s more than obvious that people don’t know that or more precisely they don’t understand them.

So…

1654471109309.png

The post should be self explanatory. People have had these rights since the adoption of the 4th amendment and yet would needlessly and stupidly give up those rights. But it the Miranda WARNING didn’t come til long after. So while it would be absurd that people would think they have no right to privacy, it’s absolutely the fact that people do not understand the extent to which that right protects them or the danger they put themselves in without invoking that right.

It took a long time and people still have diarrhea of the mouth with the police.

What does every lawyer tell every single prospective client? STFU!

floridays

Actually it's 9000 permits and he cancelled leases.
I'd disagree, but will check.
Leases are offered before permits to drill,

Essentially if what you say is correct those leases, on federal lands have been dissolved, a legal contract that cannot be dissolved by executive order or administrative edict.
They, Biden by executive order and BLM can restrict or deny permits to drill however.

There are legalities, a leasing process is a legal process.
I'll check what you say though.

bbsam

Staff member
I do have an argument, one simple word.

Trump

If the election wasn't stolen, by non-constitutional and fraudulent means, we would not be here today.
If only they’d proved it!

But yes. I’m sure every court and every judge is either a commie pig or a RINO. Had to be stolen even though he couldn’t get a 40% approval rating.

So this is the world we live in while you and the others enjoy fantasies of persecution.