Strike in August, what say you?

Karma...

heres a thought......what part of the profit does the American part of ups contribute ? how much ? percentage ?...international company...at some point the American part of the company may become a burden and be dropped...then what happens ?...fedex and amazon hiring Teamsters ?....i dont know and wont bet on it

F

Frankie's Friend

heres a thought......what part of the profit does the American part of ups contribute ? how much ? percentage ?...international company...at some point the American part of the company may become a burden and be dropped...then what happens ?...fedex and amazon hiring Teamsters ?....i dont know and wont bet on it
Where you gonna drop 250,000 employees whose work is the mainstay of the company portfolio? You mean youre gonna tell the new employees only to pick up international outbound pkgs? Whst you smokin dude????? U using Topps rollin papers or a pipe?
You cant tear the body apart (almost in 1/2) without killing it and you are tslking about a deletion of the skeletal system dude. How long you been in management?

F

Frankie's Friend

obviously i am not management...i am just asking questions and considering possibilities
How are you going to split this company up dude? Itll destroy it. Even tho orions hurt alot of our customer relations the US depends on their ups drivers to still get their pkgs delivered and picked up on time. Theyd got rid of the unionized workforce already if they could.

Box Ox

They already test drivers in my hub on automatics. Did the same with me and a few other guys haven’t seen any newer trucks though.

I dunno what the point of the road test would be then. Just make sure somebody isn't blind as a bat?

"OK, Bob. Let's take this automatic truck for a spin around the block and see how ya do!" LOL

brown_trousers

I think for most it would be better working conditions, and the broken pension, but you’re not paying attention.
The pension? who will you be striking against? the teamsters? They are the ones who agreed to take over the pension. Nothing has happened to that pension that the teamsters didnt sign off on. And pensions really are a regional issue, not national.

and if by better working conditions you mean a sliver of improvement at best. then yes I agree. But I can already guarantee that UPS isnt going to budge on the improvements my coworkers and I want. Like honoring all 8 hr requests, and not preloading the walkway of the cargo area of our trucks.

F

Frankie's Friend

To torment certain members of my management team by just being there and saying "Good morning". You can almost see the smoke coming out of their ears.
Its gotta come out of some hole dude.
Pharmacy employees..techs and pharmD’s are hourly employees.... all the places my wife has worked at she has friends in both positions....
Mr usny genius shows his ignorance again. The pharmacists i know mske $60/hr.
He is so wise dude.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Its gotta come out of some hole dude.

Mr usny genius shows his ignorance again. The pharmacists i know mske $60/hr.
He is so wise dude.
Most pharmacists are union so there’s no way in hell they are salary unless they are mgt and in most cases they are in the back then...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Please start speaking (unionese) on this subject, I give up what is a (IMO) and IE has been a non-factor for decades. You are making my head hurt with those three letter phrases that the company eats up. Keep it simple get the package, transport the package safely and deliver the package to the right person, easy as pie.
Modern dictionary definition of a Luddite. :wink-very:

Sorry! I didn't realize this was the Union cesspool.