Strike in August, what say you?

Karma...

yes....cola is based on different items than inflation and is lower. take a look at the increasing costs of housing, education and medical from the time you started and now.......and i know of no pension that has either a cola clause or inflation clause....perhaps the Machinests union does.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Our mayor makes just under $70K to run an entire city.

I make $80K to bring QVC to hoarders.
Idk about you but as far as compensation goes I thubk UPS does a great job (with the exception of HCOL states) and anyone who complains about it is fooling themselves.

To all the people who think we don't make enough: think about losing your job....I bet you would have some thoughts running through your head like...."man now I have to go get a normal :censored2: saying paying job without benefits."....or....."man, how am I going to pay make the payments in my nice house, new fully loaded pickup now that I'm not being overcompensated to deliver boxes."

Karma...

its difficult to disagree yet there are factors and there are factors that either limited or dont include the highest costs...........and i do not understand why cola or its cousins are not part of pensions....

542thruNthru

I think for most it would be better working conditions, and the broken pension, but you’re not paying attention.

Okay well think of it like this. Idk what state you're in but in my state cops average salary is 55k a year. I'm assuming they have good benefits and a pension as well. Can you give me one reason that justifies why we should be making more than we already do (which is what 30k more than cops)? The major you studied in college.

Again you keep coming back to money. Read his quote again and try to think of something other then our salary.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Again you keep coming back to money. Read his quote again and try to think of something other then our salary.
The post before that he talked about being compensated well to do the job we do. And this isn't just directed at him. Others have said we don't make enough and plenty if people at my center on the daily say the same thing.

542thruNthru

The post before that he talked about being compensated well to do the job we do. And this isn't just directed at him. Others have said we don't make enough and plenty if people at my center on the daily say the same thing.

Most of the people I see on here that say they don't make enough are the PT workers. 99% of the drivers on here are not complaining about wages. Do they feel we should get a raise, of course. What they are ready to strike over is the BS We have to go through everyday and the changes UPS wants.

I am more then willing to strike for better wages for PT workers along with working conditions. Not everything is always about the drivers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of the people I see on here that say they don't make enough are the PT workers. 99% of the drivers on here are not complaining about wages. Do they feel we should get a raise, of course. What they are ready to strike over is the BS We have to go through everyday and the changes UPS wants.

I am more then willing to strike for better wages for PT workers along with working conditions. Not everything is always about the drivers.

Very few FTers would walk over any PT issues.

Karma...

to be accurate its total compensation that should be talked about....where are those pie graphs/charts that ups is fond of bringing out in contract years....want an increase perhour then reallocate changing the distribution of the graphs/charts.....i would rather have the money in my wallet than in company pension plans.....i do better myself

Karma...

PTers may vote on the strike vote but dont vote on the contract......so the FTers that vote somewhat control the end part of the process.

542thruNthru

And very few PTers will bother to vote to improve their lot.

I honestly believe that's going to be a little different this time around. The minimum wage bumps in a lot of areas and all the "bonuses" for new PT has been noticed by a lot of PT workers. They want their fair share.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Ok, I won’t argue with you anymore. Is it safe to assume you’re voting yes, no matter what?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I honestly believe that's going to be a little different this time around. The minimum wage bumps in a lot of areas and all the "bonuses" for new PT has been noticed by a lot of PT workers. They want their fair share.

Maybe. I wouldn't bet the ranch, though.

F

Frankie's Friend

39k plus paid benefits is a good amount for the work we do. College costs money so you also didn't factor that in. I'm not top rate yet. (25hr) which nets me around 45k a year. I don't think I deserve anymore. I make more than all of my friends who have master's masters degrees, engineering degrees, and nursing degrees. There is wage progression in every industry.
Fictional. Untrue. Seriously trolling dude.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Face it people... UPS does not care about their employees. We are nothing more than an employee number and when we are gone there will be other employee numbers to take our place.
Those billions of dollars of profit that UPS makes just magically appear in their coffers every quarter and they refuse to acknowledge that the actual employees make that happen.
If they can do the same job paying less for labor they sure will, service and reliability be damned.

BigBrown1234

Unionism 101

Thinking pay equals work performed.

Company profits = ability to pay

Ex: if the company profits billions from you scratching your butt then they should pay you accordingly.

If you were a brain surgeon yet you work for a non profit that can only afford to pay you minimal then it would be impossible to “squeeze blood from a turnip”

If the company profits are high yet they pay the employees crap then who keeps the money? (1% vs 99% ideology)
ex: wal mart

So what you FEEL like you DESERVE is irrelevant

Last edited: