Stupid arguments about the Ground business model

AB831

I think no matter what we do, and we should always strive for improvement, people like you will never say it's good enough and that you know we're all racists, unlike you.
That wasn’t my question. Nice deflection. Let’s try again. Do you think the playing field is level for all races in America?

vantexan

That wasn’t my question. Do you think the playing field is level for all races in America?
I think no matter what we do, and we should always strive for improvement, people like you will never say it's good enough and that you know we're all racists, unlike you.

Case in point, the new Georgia voting law. It applies to everyone, but you use race as a way to attack it because it requires voter I.D. We all know why it requires it, and preventing fraud is the last thing Democrats want. Why is that?

AB831

Case in point, the new Georgia voting law. It applies to everyone, but you use race as a way to attack it because it requires voter I.D. We all know why it requires it, and preventing fraud is the last thing Democrats want. Why is that?
So you’re back to “what about this, what about that.” I’m not sure why you’re having a hard time reading my question. I’ll try a third time: do you think the playing field is level for all races in America?

vantexan

Sure. Let’s start with your claim that Republicans “expanded voting” in Georgia. What’s your source?
Y'all were saying it limits voting on Sunday. Not only does it not do that, but it expands it to the Saturday before too. And counties can choose to use the previous Sunday too if they feel they need to. Should eliminate a lot of lines don't you think? There have been lawsuits filed. Let's see if they have merit.

vantexan

So you’re back to “what about this, what about that.” I’m not sure why you’re having a hard time reading my question. I’ll try a third time: do you think the playing field is level for all races in America?
It's not my job to dance on a string for you. But tell me, if you're adamant against racism, do you support Harvard and Yale reducing the amount of Asian students in favor of other races in spite of the Asians having much higher test scores? They've admitted to doing this. Instead of broad sweeping statements let's look at specific situations. And it does matter as a Ivy League education pretty much guarantees higher pay and a lot of open doors.

bacha29

Whether people stand in heat or rain is a function of weather, not government. I know you think the government can control everything but not always.
Making a 92 year old woman stand in line in the heat and or rain for a chance to vote is not voter suppression? Tossing out the poll workers and installing the ones who will produce the desired results not voter suppression? Allowing only 1 drop off ballot box per 100,000 population and only available for a very limited number of hours per day not voter suppression?
The consercuks and flag huggers are always expounding on the power of the ballot..... Just as long as the right boxes on that ballot are checked and only the people they want to see vote show up to vote.

bacha29

At the time the Constitution was written people protected themselves from lawlessness or Indian attacks. Tell them they had no right to bear arms. Same concept today. By the time law enforcement arrives the worst is already over. Anyways SCOTUS has already determined that individuals have the right to own and carry guns. Your myopic view is just that, yours.
" By the time law enforcement arrives the worst is already over" You got that right as we saw on 1-6. And what a site that "worst" was.

vantexan

Making a 92 year old woman stand in line in the heat and or rain for a chance to vote is not voter suppression? Tossing out the poll workers and installing the ones who will produce the desired results not voter suppression? Allowing only 1 drop off ballot box per 100,000 population and only available for a very limited number of hours per day not voter suppression?
The consercuks and flag huggers are always expounding on the power of the ballot..... Just as long as the right boxes on that ballot are checked and only the people they want to see vote show up to vote.
As I pointed out there have been lawsuits filed. Let's see if they have merit. And apparently in your view only whites have the superpower of standing in line.

AB831

It's not my job to dance on a string for you. But tell me, if you're adamant against racism, do you support Harvard and Yale reducing the amount of Asian students in favor of other races in spite of the Asians having much higher test scores? They've admitted to doing this. Instead of broad sweeping statements let's look at specific situations. And it does matter as a Ivy League education pretty much guarantees higher pay and a lot of open doors.
“What about this, what about that.” Of course, what those Ivy League schools are doing is wrong. Why would it not be? Anyway, back to the topic. So you’re declining to answer my simple question then?

AB831

It’s not about preventing “voter fraud.” It’s about keeping the wrong kinds of people away from the polls. That idiot of an ex-President (who lost the 2020 election) turned a solid red state blue, so they’re going to make sure that doesn’t stay that way, and they don’t care if they have to suppress millions of voters to do so.

vantexan

“What about this, what about that.” Of course, what those Ivy League schools are doing is wrong. Why would it not be? Anyway, back to the topic. So you’re declining to answer my simple question then?
The simple answer is I don't know. And neither do you. But you want to make everything about race. If a white works really hard and gets ahead you'll say it's white privilege. If a black works really hard and gets ahead you'll say that it would've been a lot easier for him if he was white. There's no winning with you because you're poisoned. I can say all day long that I want everyone to go as far as they can based on their abilities, and provide as good a life as possible for themselves and their families. And you'll say that because I'm a conservative, white, Southern male that inside my mind I'm really a racist. That "based on their abilities" is code even if I explain that I believe in earning your income based on your efforts no matter who we're talking about. Can't win which is why besides this post I choose not to engage with you. Bacha is a prime example of no matter what you say he's going to find some evil intent in it if one acknowledges he's a Christian, a conservative, a Republican. Just triggers him.

vantexan

It’s not about preventing “voter fraud.” It’s about keeping the wrong kinds of people away from the polls. That idiot of an ex-President (who lost the 2020 election) turned a solid red state blue, so they’re going to make sure that doesn’t stay that way, and they don’t care if they have to suppress millions of voters to do so.
As a Georgian on Current Events pointed out, over 400,000 Republicans didn't vote in the runoff due to feeling the general election was rigged. So you can hardly say that Georgia has turned blue. More an anomaly like Alabama when they put up a Republican so bad that the Democrat won. But got easily beaten in the next election. So remains to be seen in the next Senate elections in Georgia whether it's blue or not.

AB831

The simple answer is I don't know. And neither do you. But you want to make everything about race. If a white works really hard and gets ahead you'll say it's white privilege. If a black works really hard and gets ahead you'll say that it would've been a lot easier for him if he was white. There's no winning with you because you're poisoned. I can say all day long that I want everyone to go as far as they can based on their abilities, and provide as good a life as possible for themselves and their families. And you'll say that because I'm a conservative, white, Southern male that inside my mind I'm really a racist. That "based on their abilities" is code even if I explain that I believe in earning your income based on your efforts no matter who we're talking about. Can't win which is why besides this post I choose not to engage with you. Bacha is a prime example of no matter what you say he's going to find some evil intent in it if one acknowledges he's a Christian, a conservative, a Republican. Just triggers him.
Thank you for your honesty. I’m not trying to attack your character, and I apologize for things I said that did. I had a rock solid red voting record until 2020. I just think the right became extremely radical during the last year of Trump’s presidency and turned into everything they’ve always claimed to hate. Because of this, I feel a moral obligation to call it out when I see it. There are many Republican points of view that I strongly support (pro 2nd amendment, taking care of veterans, and protecting the freedom to practice religion), however, when it comes to matters involving Trump and racial issues, I diametrically oppose the standard conservative talking points. I’m not a liberal. But if Trump is what a conservative looks like now, I guess I no longer fit the bill.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All lies.

vantexan

Thank you for your honesty. I’m not trying to attack your character, and I apologize for things I said that did. I had a rock solid red voting record until 2020. I just think the right became extremely radical during the last year of Trump’s presidency and turned into everything they’ve always claimed to hate. Because of this, I feel a moral obligation to call it out when I see it. There are many Republican points of view that I strongly support (pro 2nd amendment, taking care of veterans, and protecting the freedom to practice religion), however, when it comes to matters involving Trump and racial issues, I diametrically oppose the standard conservative talking points. I’m not a liberal. But if Trump is what a conservative looks like now, I guess I no longer fit the bill.
Recently learned more about my mother's side of the family. A woman and her two sons moved from Scotland to Virginia in the late 1700's. One of the sons moved to north Georgia, became a trader and married a Cherokee. They had two sons, one of whom became a Cherokee chief, John McLemore. There's a national historic site, McLemore Cove, where he lived just outside of Lookout Mountain. Anyways Andrew Jackson, who was as racist as any president ever was, forced the Cherokees off their land and marched them to Oklahoma. The Trail of Tears, which my ancestors at gunpoint walked. There's still a very large family of Cherokee McLemores in Stillwell, OK where my grandfather was born. So I know a bit about racism. My grandparents were sharecroppers who traveled all over picking crops. My mother did too. Finally he moved the family to Florida where he got on with Coca-Cola. He was illiterate his entire life.