Supervisors working

Of course- if you say it doesn't happen then....it doesn't happen. It's a big world out there....Big Guy. Not everything works the same as it does in....Big Union Guy's world. But I'm glad to hear that you....hold employers accountable. Not the same....everywhere.
The Union makes deals with the company all the time. One of those deals allows sups to do bargaining unit work just as long as it is not excessive.

Boston25

My understanding locally:The union and UPS made a deal in our building on jam breaking. No more grievances, UPS could use as many jam breakers"" as they want so long as four? hourlies were jam breaking. This is a large hub, it often needs 20. Heh
You should really learn what you are talking about before opening your mouth.

Boston25

My understanding locally:The union and UPS made a deal in our building on jam breaking. No more grievances, UPS could use as many jam breakers"" as they want so long as four? hourlies were jam breaking. This is a large hub, it often needs 20. Heh
No more grievances? You sure about that?

RolloTony Brown Town

they do that at my hub also. Hub manager and local union agreed that as long as they have 4 employees on each shift breaking jams then supervisors could as well.

RolloTony Brown Town

Both of us are lying, though! ;D

I remember as a 23 year old pt supervisor I was called in to the division manager’s office...

in his office were the labor Division manager and the business agent. They started asking me about the jam breaking. Then the next week there was an agreement in place where as long as the hub had 4 designated jam breakers then they would allow the supervisors to break jams.

that was back in 2008. They still do it to this day. Stewards walk around at the end of the shift and validate the names of the employees who only broke jams.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I remember as a 23 year old pt supervisor I was called in to the division manager’s office...

in his office were the labor Division manager and the business agent. They started asking me about the jam breaking. Then the next week there was an agreement in place where as long as the hub had 4 designated jam breakers then they would allow the supervisors to break jams.

that was back in 2008. They still do it to this day. Stewards walk around at the end of the shift and validate the names of the employees who only broke jams.
are you sure

UnconTROLLed

perfection

What I said earlier, regarding the outcome of the jam breaker situation, came directly from a lead steward. Could they be lying so I didn't file at the time and impose on their personal gravy train? Possibly. That is what the union apologist boneheads were implying; that the union rep lied.

22.34life

yeah I had a steward say to me "its ok if they're breaking jams on the feed. WTF? They are not supposed to be working. I grieve every time. It's discouraging that I have about 150 hours grieved since last November and I've received 3 hours of grievance pay.
in principle ur right breaking jams is a violation but were all your grievances for breaking jams?imo breaking jams are not iron clad winners.i personally have not seen or heard of anyone getting paid for article 3 if the supervisor was breaking jams.to many other supervisors working that are easy wins,why choose the tough win.

22.34life

yeah I had a steward say to me "its ok if they're breaking jams on the feed. WTF? They are not supposed to be working. I grieve every time. It's discouraging that I have about 150 hours grieved since last November and I've received 3 hours of grievance pay.
once again dont misunderstand ur stewards advice I'm gonna tell you what u can win not what you should fight.but in the end it's up to the member.