Supreme Court

newfie

Lol, yah, but riddle me this:

This administration is basically all rich business folk, you don’t think they’re up to the task?

Isn’t that what you voted for, a businessman?

Riddle me this,

your question focuses on a rich administration ignoring the whole of all in government.

Do we have any politicians in US government who are not rich?

Certainly none that are poor?

Is it dishonest to only identify the portion of government you dislike as being rich?

moreluck

golden ticket member
She wants him to go first...….excuse me, but that's not how the courts in this country work. The accuser goes first so the accused knows what he is accused of doing.
Me and Alan Dershowitz agree.

MAKAVELI

She wants him to go first...….excuse me, but that's not how the courts in this country work. The accuser goes first so the accused knows what he is accused of doing.
Me and Alan Dershowitz agree.
She's not testifying in court. And he already knows what he is being accused of. Ttku

Nimnim

The Nim
He’s innocent, nothing to worry about, right?

Or are you worried?

It’s weird that she wants to talk to the FBI, but the Republicans aren’t having it, Mark Judge isn’t having it, Trump isn’t having it...

I gotta tell ya, if I was going to make up a fantastic but almost unproveable/too good to be true kind of story, first people I’d demand to speak with would be the FBI.

Lulz.

The FBI doesn't care about this matter as it's not a federal crime. All they'll do is pass what information they have to the Senate for them to hold their own hearings, if the Senate wants further investigation the FBI will probe for more information then pass it right back to the Senate. Going to the Senate hearing is the only avenue at this point.

This is absolutely a stalling tactic to delay the confirmation vote. She wants her hearing with the Senate delayed 3 days to Thursday because Monday isn't enough time, she's had 30+ years to make her statement, 3 more days won't change a thing about what she's going to say so it's just a delay.

If he's guilty fine, get this :censored2: over with and get to the damn vote.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The FBI doesn't care about this matter as it's not a federal crime. All they'll do is pass what information they have to the Senate for them to hold their own hearings, if the Senate wants further investigation the FBI will probe for more information then pass it right back to the Senate. Going to the Senate hearing is the only avenue at this point.

This is absolutely a stalling tactic to delay the confirmation vote. She wants her hearing with the Senate delayed 3 days to Thursday because Monday isn't enough time, she's had 30+ years to make her statement, 3 more days won't change a thing about what she's going to say so it's just a delay.

If he's guilty fine, get this :censored2: over with and get to the damn vote.
So why not go ahead and do an investigation and get it over with?

Seems pretty clear to me.
Republicans want testimony, then they'll throw up their hands and say, hey it's all he said she said there's no proof.... because they refused to do an investigation into the facts.

Ya, when it comes to the Democrats it's all a political tactic to delay and deny. But when it comes to Republicans, it's all a political tactic to deny the American people transparency.

The whole thing is a circus.

Nimnim

The Nim
So why not go ahead and do an investigation and get it over with?

Seems pretty clear to me.
Republicans want testimony, then they'll throw up their hands and say, hey it's all he said she said there's no proof.... because they refused to do an investigation into the facts.

Ya, when it comes to the Democrats it's all a political tactic to delay and deny. But when it comes to Republicans, it's all a political tactic to deny the American people transparency.

The whole thing is a circus.

The Senate is trying to do their investigation through hearings. If they need more *edit information after the hearings* they request it and the agencies that can do it will. You can't do an investigation into the facts when the accuser doesn't want to talk to the people who would be initiating the investigation. The FBI won't investigate as it's not a Federal crime, if she gives information to the Senate hearing that warrants further investigation they can then ask the FBI to do it with the provided information as a Federal manner as the Senate requested it.

The Dems don't want this confirmation to move forward so it's an obvious delay tactic, the Repubs are tripping over themselves to not be seen as the bad guys but still haven't denied the accuser the platform to state their case which would be *ahem* transparency.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The Senate is trying to do their investigation through hearings. If they need more they request it and the agencies that can do it will. You can't do an investigation into the facts when the accuser doesn't want to talk to the people who would be initiating the investigation. The FBI won't investigate as it's not a Federal crime, if she gives information to the Senate hearing that warrants further investigation they can then ask the FBI to do it with the provided information as a Federal manner as the Senate requested it.

The Dems don't want this confirmation to move forward so it's an obvious delay tactic, the Repubs are tripping over themselves to not be seen as the bad guys but still haven't denied the accuser the platform to state their case which would be *ahem* transparency.
If you think they're going to investigate after she testifies you're delusional. It doesn't matter what she says, they're going to push this through claiming it's all he said she said.

This is only one issue when it comes to transparency. 100,000 sealed documents, give me a freaking break. This whole thing is a joke on both sides.

Nimnim

The Nim
If you think they're going to investigate after she testifies you're delusional. It doesn't matter what she says, they're going to push this through claiming it's all he said she said.

This is only one issue when it comes to transparency. 100,000 sealed documents, give me a freaking break. This whole thing is a joke on both sides.

From what I've heard, there's no reason for them to investigate, but I'm willing to wait for her to testify to make a final call on it. Until she testifies though there's nothing for them to investigate past the letter that has already been looked at hence they want her to testify.

Sure there's other issues, and we can agree even before this accusation it was a political theatre as that's been the norm for the last few years when it comes to anything that the Ds and the Rs are supposed to be grandstanding and not agreeing with each other on anything.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
From what I've heard, there's no reason for them to investigate, but I'm willing to wait for her to testify to make a final call on it. Until she testifies though there's nothing for them to investigate past the letter that has already been looked at hence they want her to testify.

Sure there's other issues, and we can agree even before this accusation it was a political theatre as that's been the norm for the last few years when it comes to anything that the Ds and the Rs are supposed to be grandstanding and not agreeing with each other on anything.
Well seems to me there's plenty to investigate but we can agree to disagree on that, because the Republicans run the show and it's not going to happen either way.

Personally I'd prefer the court stay at 8 indefinitely. I'm not sure 9 was working out so well anyways.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
42314583_1007445469451452_6655225006823309312_n.jpg

Nimnim

The Nim
Well seems to me there's plenty to investigate but we can agree to disagree on that, because the Republicans run the show and it's not going to happen either way.

Personally I'd prefer the court stay at 8 indefinitely. I'm not sure 9 was working out so well anyways.

Yeah, there's plenty to investigate, but it's gotta be done the right way else it ends up in ugly challenges that take forever. That aside I'm not against less SC judges, but I'm not sure about an even number as deadlocking probably would make a bigger headache for everyone more than the narrow 5/4 rulings while things just being deferred back to the states for better legislature to begin with would be better in my opinion.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yeah, there's plenty to investigate, but it's gotta be done the right way else it ends up in ugly challenges that take forever. That aside I'm not against less SC judges, but I'm not sure about an even number as deadlocking probably would make a bigger headache for everyone more than the narrow 5/4 rulings while things just being deferred back to the states for better legislature to begin with would be better in my opinion.
I would prefer an even number.
Deadlock goes back to the lower court so I think we're in agreement.