Sups driving

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
PT sups are allowed to drive during the casual period. They are driving for experience to go FT Sup. Happened when I was in package all the time.
Screw that. As long as we have Teamster's names on an intent sheet waiting to be trained to drive NO supe is going to do driver bargaining unit work.

ManInBrown

Screw that. As long as we have Teamster's names on an intent sheet waiting to be trained to drive NO supe is going to do driver bargaining unit work.
Youre preaching to the choir and I’m in the 177 which is as strong of a local as there is in the country. They OK’d it. The pt sups that drove were driving to learn and know the job, to go into FT management. None went hourly. All went into FT management shortly after driving for 30 days, as far as I know.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
They were considered the off the street hires. Most did not go back to supervision, here.
They took our little pt supervisors and moved them to another building to drive because we wouldn't allow it there. We always called the local where they were trying to insert them as. "off the street" vacation replacements so those BAs could police the situation in their buildings.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I've always said it...

Bargaining unit (lazy) workers never want to do hourly work until they become supervisors.
FACT

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
only that one week with crazy wildfire smoke, all PVDs and supervisors working have been canned immediately afterwards. We were multiple days behind on volume at that point.