Sups No Longer So Insulting?

MrBates

I’m at FedEx. A UPS driver I often see on my route told me that there had been some corporate directive telling supervisors to not be so awful to drivers anymore. And maybe to act nicer.

Any truth to this?

Yeah they'll act nicer and smile to your face while they give you an extra 40 stops and give your truck to the loader on his first day so you have the worst load ever. Its their version of the passive aggressive hard on.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
i had sup ride with me once because they didn't have enough 22.4's to train and they brought him in from out of town so he needed to code in somewhere.

first stoplight we get to he complains because i didn't leave a car length between me and the car in front. i said that it doesnt say car length anywhere in the 5's and 10's or anywhere else i know of. "space on all sides but always in front." he hassled me the rest of that day. i skipped lunch just to get back sooner and get rid of him.

Literally number one in the ten point commentary.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i was just told last week that i was getting an official written warning for not stopping at a 4 way intersection where i had no stop sign, because "i should have expected traffic from the other side to run their stop signs"

What’s hilarious is they do this stupid :censored2: and we all did all of it we’d be 4 hours over allowed every day.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
i discussed it with my shop steward, she said we'd grieve it. told me that she'd received warnings for "not honking loud enough" etc

We have a senior driver that one of our newer sups has a hardon for. He received a written warning for the exact same thing. Senior driver's solution was simple. Continuously lay on the horn for the entire time he was backing in every given situation whether or resi or commercial.

Eventually some neighbors called in a noise complaint and our center manager told him to stop it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
i had sup ride with me once because they didn't have enough 22.4's to train and they brought him in from out of town so he needed to code in somewhere.

first stoplight we get to he complains because i didn't leave a car length between me and the car in front. i said that it doesnt say car length anywhere in the 5's and 10's or anywhere else i know of. "space on all sides but always in front." he hassled me the rest of that day. i skipped lunch just to get back sooner and get rid of him.
"You can easily fit a mini cooper in between me and the car ahead of me."

The methods say car length, but doesn't specify what kind of car ;)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"You can easily fit a mini cooper in between me and the car ahead of me."

The methods say car length, but doesn't specify what kind of car ;)

All you need is enough space to get around the car in case it stalls. Not as much of a problem now that most cars are automatic. But it also helps establish the space cushion.

Nah
That's not a 2020 version. That's a fake version some dip:censored2: part time sup made up because he was too stupid to remember the right version.

It's the version required for Integrad, regardless of how it came about.

Attachments

• NEW - 10 Point Commentary Updated 2020.pdf
    90.6 KB · Views: 99

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's the version required for Integrad, regardless of how it came about.

I was only playing around. I know it changes. Just further evidence that UPS has no clue on how to train people. An ORS will hold you accountable to the version he remembers, and to methods he makes up out of thin air. It's the UPS way.