Teamster Presidential Survey

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What's up with not being to provide input without first giving out over the interwebs date of birth and social. How secure is their database?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I received a mailer from the union with a link to an online poll about who the union should endorse. Link wants personal information in order to vote. That made it a non-vote for me.

All they should need is your name, Local Union No. and last 4 of your SS number.

542thruNthru

I received a mailer from the union with a link to an online poll about who the union should endorse. Link wants personal information in order to vote. That made it a non-vote for me.
Need to make sure you're an actual member of the Teamsters. Remember the Teamsters are not just UPS. Many company's have temps/seasonals at different times of the year that pay dues and locals are not always on top of who is still a member. So the IBT has to weed them out.

It's hard for a NJ 177 member to understand that the Teamsters represent more than just UPS so I understand the confusion. :)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What's up with not being to provide input without first giving out over the interwebs date of birth and social. How secure is their database?
If they're cross checking what you put in, then the last 4 of your social is on their database already.

I don't see how the info would be any less secure by you using the web form unless you're on an unsecured free public Wi-Fi network.

oldngray

nowhere special
If they're cross checking what you put in, then the last 4 of your social is on their database already.

I don't see how the info would be any less secure by you using the web form unless you're on an unsecured free public Wi-Fi network.
Remember when UPS used your SSN as your employees number?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Did not say "secured" anywhere on the third party link. Too risky for some poll in my opinion.

1000003806.jpg

Marx 2024!!! 🇱🇷🍺🇺🇲🍻🇱🇷🍻🇺🇲🍺

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Did not say "secured" anywhere on the third party link. Too risky for some poll in my opinion.
No taxes on ot might convince the teamsters to endorse trump, I doubt it but we will see, that is one of the most pro union policies from the Republicans in a long time