Tell your family and friends.

bacha29

What did you do to professionally better yourself beyond applying for a job after and staying there until it was time to retire or die? I’m taking a full time course load on top of my full time job. That’s the bed I made for myself, so I accept all that for what it is. The only thing I “bitch“ about is when my job is unnecessarily made harder because of the stupidity and/or laziness of those who are supposed to be my superiors. But please do tell me by example how I could be a harder worker.
Old Falcon Fart comes from a bygone era where obedience and loyalty actually mattered and was rewarded.

Today the old adage that was once exclusive to the NFL is found everywhere........"You're here until you can be replaced".

bacha29

BTW. I saw this for the first time if ever , a clearly marked Express panel van delivering in my neighborhood at 6:30 PM. Now even if it was his last stop and he only has to go back as far as the little substation they have in my area he'll still have a 20 minute drive. But. if he was sent into my area from the main station he'll have an hour drive back over to it.

Then again everyday in my hood you'll have Ground, Express, HD all buzzing around like a bunch of bumblebees.

AB831

BTW. I saw this for the first time if ever , a clearly marked Express panel van delivering in my neighborhood at 6:30 PM. Now even if it was his last stop and he only has to go back as far as the little substation they have in my area he'll still have a 20 minute drive. But. if he was sent into my area from the main station he'll have an hour drive back over to it.

Then again everyday in my hood you'll have Ground, Express, HD all buzzing around like a bunch of bumblebees.
Probably an FO driver who they asked to help with “a few P2 stops”

dezguy

What did you do to professionally better yourself beyond applying for a job after high school and staying there until it was time to retire or die? I’m taking a full time course load on top of my full time job. That’s the bed I made for myself, so I accept all that for what it is. The only thing I “bitch“ about is when my job is unnecessarily made harder because of the stupidity and/or laziness of those who are supposed to be my superiors. But please do tell me by example how I could be a harder worker.
Pft!!!! Oldfart didn't finish high school!!!!:lol:

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Not at all. It is called learning character and work ethic from a young age. You might not understand what character and work ethic blah blah derp derp.

giphy (6).gif

vantexan

Not at all. It is called learning character and work ethic from a young age. You might not understand what character and work ethic means. Seems many on here don't. They sure know what bitching and whining is though.
Oh, ok, your parents failed you. Explains a lot.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
What in blazes are you basing your opinion on? Nothing he said suggested that he’s lazy.

My guess is he thinks anyone who isn't him is lazy. We have guys who work through their breaks complaining about other people not pulling their weight. Maybe if people stopped working for free, the company would stop loading them down. You can't fix stupid, I guess.

floridays

I am sure you will be the weak link in the operation. Lazy and selfish people rarely add much to a loop.
My guess is you are the weak link in any loop.
Good thing the younger crowd can/will pull you across the finish line.
Exactly what do you offer to any operation?

Legitimate question, defend your worth.

floridays

Not at all. It is called learning character and work ethic from a young age. You might not understand what character and work ethic means. Seems many on here don't. They sure know what bitching and whining is though.
You seem to be the only one that has perfected the art of blowing through scratch off winnings that enabled you to retire early.

How'd you manage that Bub?

Offer a cautionary tale.

floridays

You bypassed the character and work ethic part and went directly to the brown nose position.
Argue with me.

MassWineGuy

My guess is he thinks anyone who isn't him is lazy. We have guys who work through their breaks complaining about other people not pulling their weight. Maybe if people stopped working for free, the company would stop loading them down. You can't fix stupid, I guess.

As much as I may like or dislike any employer, I do not work for free. That’s placing a value of zero on yourself.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
As much as I may like or dislike any employer, I do not work for free. That’s placing a value of zero on yourself.

We have guys showing up early to load and sort their trucks off the clock, guys that work during their breaks and lunch, and others who just wait and take their lunches at the end of the day so they can run their poorly dispatched routes without service failures. They think everyone who doesn't do what they are willing to is a lazy slacker. The company just keeps giving them more work for all their effort, and they blame everyone else around them. :(

MassWineGuy

I don’t know or see anyone in my station doing this. Anything they do is compensated. If management is pressuring employees to do something for nothing, contact HR.