Texas school shooting

newfie

What other rifles that are widely available to civilians look like an AR-15 that aren’t an AR-15? If they do look the same, are they in fact functionally dissimilar? Is there a bolt action AR-15 twin out there? Are you going to point out that there are AR-15 lookalikes in .22 caliber?

What other rifles that are widely available to civilians provide both the muzzle velocity and rate of fire that create the kinds of sounds that make people who know their guns believe an AR-15 is firing?

What kind of rifle do you think the law enforcement officers that were in that hallway in Uvalde believed the shooter was using? Why do you think they thought it?
google is your friend.

here's one that looks badass military that is a shotgun.

all that is a distraction . my original point was that the police would not have known what weapon the shooter had other than knowing the shooter had some type of rifle.
the police would have trained for all scenario's including all types of weapons including the AR 15.

my expertise in this matter is as a unit armor in the US army many years ago and as a ups management person who finished his career at multiple airports and consistently trained active shooter scenarios with the upper levels of all government agencies involved. armor made me an expert on all light arms deployed by the US up to the 50 cal.

in my army days we called the AR15 a wannabe weapon. those who could not cut it in the military found the M16 look of the ar15 appealing. Todays shooters fit that scenario making the AR15 their weapon of choice when weapons with much better capabilities that may not have that military look are available.

the weight of the cartridge probably has more affect on the performance of todays weapons than the weapon itself. the same gun could possibly increase its velocity significantly with a lighter round.

the weight and type of round can affect the rate of fire. lighter is better.

all of that is useless because it really does not matter if a bullet is coming at you at 2400 ft per second or 3200. Both will kill you before you can react.

My airport active shooter training tells me the security of the facility is what is important here and not the capabilities of the weapon. the shooter should have died trying to get into that school. We just sent 40 billion to the Ukraine to help them defend themselves while our schools are not adequately defended here.

as long as we argue about the weapon we distract ourselves from the real controllable issues here.

the school was not adequately defended.
the school defense methods in place were not enforced.
communication between teachers and school administrators was not effective in the opening minutes when much more could have been done to prevent this shooting or minimize the results.
the police did not execute their active shooter response as they had trained.

newfie

Im assuming the cop that saw him outside the school

It doesn’t matter if it was an AR-15, an AK-47, a Steyr AUG or a 9mm with extended clips. The exact make and model is immaterial. All that matters is that the shooter had a enough of a gun to have dozens of police officers so scared they wouldn’t do anything and chose to listen to children die.
cops trained for this scenrio with that weapon and more .
they didnt execute what they trained for.
to make the argument that the weapon deterred them is silly.

working at an airport i saw actual video of the LA airport shooting. at that one you see the shooter shoot tsa agents and then go up an esculator to an upper level. a few minutes later you see the police response.
police are running up the escalator toward the shooting putting their flak vests on while they're running toward the shooter.
they disrupted him and took him down within minutes of arrival.
thats their job thats what they train for . They didnt execute and the security that is also controlled by the local police was poor there.

arguing nonsense about the weapon distracts from what really happened. the school and the police did not do their jobs .
this shooting was totally preventable by simple executing security processes that are taught and should have been enforced.

newolddude

google is your friend.

here's one that looks badass military that is a shotgun.

all that is a distraction . my original point was that the police would not have known what weapon the shooter had other than knowing the shooter had some type of rifle.
the police would have trained for all scenario's including all types of weapons including the AR 15.

my expertise in this matter is as a unit armor in the US army many years ago and as a ups management person who finished his career at multiple airports and consistently trained active shooter scenarios with the upper levels of all government agencies involved. armor made me an expert on all light arms deployed by the US up to the 50 cal.

in my army days we called the AR15 a wannabe weapon. those who could not cut it in the military found the M16 look of the ar15 appealing. Todays shooters fit that scenario making the AR15 their weapon of choice when weapons with much better capabilities that may not have that military look are available.

the weight of the cartridge probably has more affect on the performance of todays weapons than the weapon itself. the same gun could possibly increase its velocity significantly with a lighter round.

the weight and type of round can affect the rate of fire. lighter is better.

all of that is useless because it really does not matter if a bullet is coming at you at 2400 ft per second or 3200. Both will kill you before you can react.

My airport active shooter training tells me the security of the facility is what is important here and not the capabilities of the weapon. the shooter should have died trying to get into that school. We just sent 40 billion to the Ukraine to help them defend themselves while our schools are not adequately defended here.

as long as we argue about the weapon we distract ourselves from the real controllable issues here.

the school was not adequately defended.
the school defense methods in place were not enforced.
communication between teachers and school administrators was not effective in the opening minutes when much more could have been done to prevent this shooting or minimize the results.
the police did not execute their active shooter response as they had trained.

"The school was not adequately defended."
-Uvalde school district had multiple resource officers. Some engaged with the shooter outside the school or didn't shoot because they didn't have clearance.

"the school defense methods in place were not enforced."
-I assume you're talking about the door the shooter got in through

"communication between teachers and school administrators was not effective in the opening minutes when much more could have been done to prevent this shooting or minimize the results."
They had active shooter training in March. So it looks like they didn't execute the plan.

"the police did not execute their active shooter response as they had trained."
There's not much to say about that. We all seem to agree,

newolddude

Really? Do you have a source for them being asked this question? Very curious.

Do you think police departments just disband their swat teams if the funding is there?

Law enforcement was 40% of Uvalde's budget. Maybe they took it down to 39%?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

newolddude

Your link is not relevant.
Do you have a source for them being asked the question or not? Genuinely curious.
Sorry I don't have the full videos and transcripts of press conferences and town halls where someone asks "Why was the Uvalde SWAT team disbanded". If that's your requirement for proof then I can't deliver that.

Even if the SWAT team was disbanded my guess is most/all of the officers were still on the force as normal police and their training should have kicked in.

Thebrownblob

Sorry I don't have the full videos and transcripts of press conferences and town halls where someone asks "Why was the Uvalde SWAT team disbanded". If that's your requirement for proof then I can't deliver that.

Even if the SWAT team was disbanded my guess is most/all of the officers were still on the force as normal police and their training should have kicked in.
We can go back-and-forth about why and how and if the police failed. The fact of the matter is in any situation your safety is your own. Whether you realize it or not. There’s no such thing as a safe space.

newolddude

We can go back-and-forth about why and how and if the police failed. The fact of the matter is in any situation your safety is your own. Whether you realize it or not. There’s no such thing as a safe space.
Why is there no safe space? Because mentally disturbed people have access to weapons that can kill many people very rapidly. And efforts to do anything to change that have been blocked in the name of "LIBERALS WANT TO TAKE ALL OF OUR GUNS!!!!!"

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ya, I mean you you make a lot of stuff up, so I was just curious if you had a source. I guess you don't, so my question remains....

Why was the swat team disbanded?
Very curious.

newolddude

Ya I mean you you make a lot of stuff up so I was just curious if you had a source. I guess you don't, so my question remains....

Why was the swat team disbanded?
Very curious.
Let me guess the reasons the Uvalde SWAT was disbanded:
-because Hunter Biden demanded it
-the liberal snowflakes that run Texas are triggered by the term SWAT and shut it down
-gay Pete Buttigieg took the money to build more electric car charging stations and trains

Who care why they were disbanded? Even if they were still in place they wouldn't have done anything.

Thebrownblob

Why is there no safe space? Because mentally disturbed people have access to weapons that can kill many people very rapidly. And efforts to do anything to change that have been blocked in the name of "LIBERALS WANT TO TAKE ALL OF OUR GUNS!!!!!"
Because none of the things you want to do would solve the real problem. Sick minds and evil hearts. Mentally disturbed people have access to all sorts of dangerous devices lol. He could’ve blown that school up. He could’ve drove his car onto the playground at recess and on and on probably more that I and you cannot think of because we don’t have sick evil minds.

newolddude

FXki3wSUUAIRXgo

Thebrownblob

-the liberal snowflakes that run Texas are triggered by the term SWAT and shut it down
-gay Pete Buttigieg took the money to build more electric car charging stations and trains

Who care why they were disbanded? Even if they were still in place they wouldn't have done anything.
It’s difficult to have any real conversation with you because your ideology Controls everything about you

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You claimed they are refusing to answer why their swat team was disbanded, but can't provide me with a link of anyone ever even asking the question.

I'm sorry asking you to back up your posts has triggered you into a fit of conspiracy theories.

oldngray

nowhere special
And once again you complain about them and want to take the weapons away from people they could stop people so you count on police that you don’t even trust to do a job you don’t think they can do. You’re a very confused individual
If it had been one of his kids in there would he have wished he had a gun so he could rush in himself?

Or sat back patiently waiting for the cops to do something?

Thebrownblob

You claimed they are refusing to answer why their swat team was disbanded, but can't provide me with a link of anyone ever even asking the question.

I'm sorry asking you to back up your posts has triggered you into a fit of conspiracy theories.
He’s making up nonsense about things he does not know for sure because that’s what people like him do they insert their selves in a situation that they don’t have the full truth on or they just make up facts completely to shoot their narrative and then begin calling people names.