The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

Vivek is running for vice president.

I guess he could've changed his mind since he told Bill Maher he wouldn't be a VP on Bill's most recent podcast episode release.

Vivek Ramaswamy: Why He’d Turn Down Being Trump’s VP - Club Random (mensjournal.com)

"Maher: I think you're running to be his vice president.

Ramaswamy: Well, I'm glad you smoked that view out. I've already said, and I'll say it again, I'm not going to work for any administration.

Maher: You would say no to--

Ramaswamy: Yes, I would say no.

Maher: You would say no to the vice presidency if Donald Trump offered it to you?

Ramaswamy: I don't do well in a number two role. I just don't. I haven't been in a number two role in a long time. I think there's a lot of ways to change this country. Each person has to look in the mirror and ask themselves, "How do you have the maximal impact you can?"

Maher: You’re 38. You only go right to the top?

Ramaswamy: Well, to me, it's not a hierarchy. It's not about a top.

Maher: Well, it is. You're saying no to being the second most powerful person in the world.

Ramaswamy: If power were my currency and probability adjusting my power calculus, yes, of course, I would take it. If the question is actually, “How am I using my God-given talents to have a maximal positive impact on a country that has given me so much," being in that vice president role wouldn't be it. I want to unite the entire country."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I guess he could've changed his mind since he told Bill Maher he wouldn't be a VP on Bill's most recent podcast episode release.
He himself has taken polar opposite positions on multiple issues. Today he says he wouldn't take a VP role. I don't believe him. On that or any of the other things he is bloviating about.

oldngray

nowhere special
He himself has taken polar opposite positions on multiple issues. Today he says he wouldn't take a VP role. I don't believe him. On that or any of the other things he is bloviating about.
He seems to be mostly an articulate empty suit. He had ties to Soros and has even recently supported democrats as well as being an anti Trumper.

vantexan

He seems to be mostly an articulate empty suit. He had ties to Soros and has even recently supported democrats as well as being an anti Trumper.
I believe his ties to Soros is he took a scholarship that the Soros organization was offering. The big deal about that was he was already a multimillionaire when he accepted the scholarship.

oldngray

nowhere special
I believe his ties to Soros is he took a scholarship that the Soros organization was offering. The big deal about that was he was already a multimillionaire when he accepted the scholarship.
He is also completely an unknown even in his supposed home county.

vantexan

you know the Feds already admitted the entire thing was manufactured by the Clinton campaign right?

as someone with mostly Russian ethnicity, I can assure you they are not the genius puppet masters you think they are

rickyb

Vivek Ramaswamy: Why He’d Turn Down Being Trump’s VP - Club Random (mensjournal.com)

"Maher: I think you're running to be his vice president.

Ramaswamy: Well, I'm glad you smoked that view out. I've already said, and I'll say it again, I'm not going to work for any administration.

Maher: You would say no to--

Ramaswamy: Yes, I would say no.

Maher: You would say no to the vice presidency if Donald Trump offered it to you?

Ramaswamy: I don't do well in a number two role. I just don't. I haven't been in a number two role in a long time. I think there's a lot of ways to change this country. Each person has to look in the mirror and ask themselves, "How do you have the maximal impact you can?"

Maher: You’re 38. You only go right to the top?

Ramaswamy: Well, to me, it's not a hierarchy. It's not about a top.

Maher: Well, it is. You're saying no to being the second most powerful person in the world.

Ramaswamy: If power were my currency and probability adjusting my power calculus, yes, of course, I would take it. If the question is actually, “How am I using my God-given talents to have a maximal positive impact on a country that has given me so much," being in that vice president role wouldn't be it. I want to unite the entire country."
bill maher is a shifty liberal

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I don't think he was a millionaire then. He was 24, needed money for law school.