The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"I wasn't a dictator when I issued executive actions during my first term and executive actions wouldn't make me a dictator in my second term either, Sean."
Earlier in the interview, Hannity had asked Trump if he “in any way” had “any plans whatsoever, if reelected president, to abuse power, to break the law to use the government to go after people.”

“Except for day one,” Trump responded. Trump said on the “day one” he referred to, he would use his presidential powers to close the southern border with Mexico and expand oil drilling.

Trump then repeated his assertion. “I love this guy,” he said of the Fox News host. “He says, ‘You’re not going to be a dictator, are you?’ I said: ‘No, no, no, other than day one. We’re closing the border and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator.’”

Box Ox

Earlier in the interview, Hannity had asked Trump if he “in any way” had “any plans whatsoever, if reelected president, to abuse power, to break the law to use the government to go after people.”

“Except for day one,” Trump responded. Trump said on the “day one” he referred to, he would use his presidential powers to close the southern border with Mexico and expand oil drilling.

Trump then repeated his assertion. “I love this guy,” he said of the Fox News host. “He says, ‘You’re not going to be a dictator, are you?’ I said: ‘No, no, no, other than day one. We’re closing the border and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator.’”

Maybe Trump just isn't smart enough to clarify what he meant?

BrownFlush

1702763389231.png

Box Ox

Maybe Trump just isn't smart enough to clarify what he meant?
I never had a problem understanding the exchange and what he meant.
Maybe the media and the audience that wanted to run with the dictatorship theme just weren't smart enough.

The media is smart enough to exploit that theme if Trump gives them the opportunity.

BrownFlush

The media is smart enough to exploit that theme if Trump gives them the opportunity.
But what's funny is they think people aren't smart enough to see how stupid and corrupt they are when they do it.
They take the bait Trump puts out every time. Trump plays them and you all the time. He uses it for fodder at his next rally.

Box Ox

But what's funny is they think people aren't smart enough to see how stupid and corrupt they are when they do it.
They take the bait Trump puts out every time. Trump plays them and you all the time. He uses it for fodder at his next rally.

Not the best idea if he's trying to win a national election.

BrownFlush

The polls say Biden sucks. And he does. But voters will gut check when it comes time. People who don’t already think of Trump as an infallible God Emperor don’t dig the dictator talk.
No.
The polls say Biden is losing.
The people who don't dig the dictator talk( or bought it) are people who are brainwashed beyond return. Never Trumpers.
Balanced thinkers know better. Forget Trump. Forget Emperor. The Founders set up a system that keeps the Hitlers at bay.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No.
The polls say Biden is losing.
The people who don't dig the dictator talk( or bought it) are people who are brainwashed beyond return. Never Trumpers.
Balanced thinkers know better. Forget Trump. Forget Emperor. The Founders set up a system that keeps the Hitlers at bay.
Are you better off now than you were 3 years ago? Only the imbeciles would answer in the affirmative.

vantexan

The polls say Biden sucks. And he does. But voters will gut check when it comes time. People who don’t already think of Trump as an infallible God Emperor don’t dig the dictator talk.
Trump was joking when he said he wants to be dictator for the 1st day. I don't think that Democrats or Independents are going to hold their nose and vote Biden instead of Trump. More than likely they'll either vote third party or stay home. No sitting president with approval ratings this low has ever won re-election. And at the moment I'm not even 100% sure Trump is the nominee. He likely is, but the way Haley has surged, and DeSantis has faded, seems like she's got some serious backing. She plays ball with the establishment. I'm concerned that she'll get us into a troops on the ground war. Not because she's incompetent, but because she's a hawk. And there's a lot of money behind hawks these days.