The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

El Salvador election: Bukele heads towards landslide victory in reelection bid | AP News

"How did Nayib Bukele win so much of the El Salvadoran vote? Firstly, he made it safe by crushing the crime lords, jailing gang members en masse and enforcing the law to turn what was once the continent’s deadliest nation into the safest.

He did what many said was impossible, and weren’t willing to do: rounding them up and putting them all behind bars.

Law and order."
jails should likely be abolished along with the police

Easy to say when you hate America and the west.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
jails should likely be abolished along with the police
st,medium,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
when was NY ever nice?
Not so long ago during the Giuliani and Bloomberg administration's. Plenty of cops on the beat. Their philosophy in cleaning up the city was to focus on quality of life issues, panhandling, drug dealing, squeegee men, etc.The stop and frisk policy lowered crime too.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not so long ago during the Giuliani and Bloomberg administration's. Plenty of cops on the beat. Their philosophy in cleaning up the city was to focus on quality of life issues, panhandling, drug dealing, squeegee men, etc.The stop and frisk policy lowered crime too.
Stop and frisk worked

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Speaking of New York...

I used to drive down to Yankee Stadium every year, I’d never go now.

vantexan

Stop and frisk got thousands of guns off the streets. Black murders went way down. Yet the liberals started calling it racist, they got a liberal mayor in, and crime started climbing again.