The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Up In Smoke

SS benefits will be cut by 2030 if Congress doesn't do something.
But seeing how they have had years to do something and still haven't done anything.
Maybe a threat from Trump will finally make Congress do something.
Touch entitlements and lose elections for a generation. The programs need to be overhauled, but any reduction of benefits, means testing or tiered system would be political suicide. Pushing initial retirement to 65 from 62 and means testing the super rich could save the fund billions.

Up In Smoke

False News-Medi-Scare Alert!

When did he say he is doing that?
During his interview yesterday on CNBC, he stated that cuts to entitlements were part of his plan to save the programs. He also stated that waste and fraud had to be rooted out. It's hard to follow him under direct questioning as he wonders on and off topic with very little understanding how the programs work. It's easy to say "I can save it", but then throw out no details or specific lines of thought.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
During his interview yesterday on CNBC, he stated that cuts to entitlements were part of his plan to save the programs. He also stated that waste and fraud had to be rooted out. It's hard to follow him under direct questioning as he wonders on and off topic with very little understanding how the programs work. It's easy to say "I can save it", but then throw out no details or specific lines of thought.
Exactly why I say we are doomed, even talking about looking into fraud, waste, or redundant programs instantly is used for Medi--Scare.

Up In Smoke

Exactly why I say we are doomed, even talking about looking into fraud, waste, or redundant programs instantly is used for Medi--Scare.
Politicians are well versed in talking points and scare tactics. If they could actually run on accomplishments and detailed forward programs, we'd be so much better off. Red meat brings out the voters.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sound like a no-brainer, no? Cut out unnecessary government waste. Not if you have to scare voters with fake news...

Wonder how these crooks cashing dead people' checks are voting?

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1710428811209.png