The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

- Why framing / headline / social-promo of stories takes a certain shape so predictably as to have given rise to the Pitchbot - Why no retrospective public discussion, at all, about coverage in 2016 (Her emails!!!!) and lessons thereof. After Iraq WMD coverage, NYT under Bill Keller did a public retrospective ("what we got wrong") etc - Why no public explanation of diff between coverage of HRC/Podesta Russian-hacked emails and silence on Trump Iranian-hacked emails - Why diff between extent / persistence of Biden "fitness to govern" cognitive overage vs Trump-cognitive issues. - Thoughts about proportion of "guy in a diner" stories, vs "women in the suburbs" stories. And proportion of "econ is good but feels bad" stories. - Whether there's a diff in general outlook of coverage of US politics (need for "balance") vs coverage of the rest of the range of news. And so on

James Fallows

Your opinion is that the citizens there are lying about the Haitians. What's your theory as to why they're lying?

The original person who made the claim that started all of this:

The city officials, who are Republican, say this is false and blown out of proportion. The woman who made the original claim said this is false and blown out of proportion

None of you guys were talking about this until trump mentioned it during the debates, now you act like it’s a giant issue you care so much about. You’re being manipulated

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1726949773961.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

The original person who made the claim that started all of this:

The city officials, who are Republican, say this is false and blown out of proportion. The woman who made the original claim said this is false and blown out of proportion

None of you guys were talking about this until trump mentioned it during the debates, now you act like it’s a giant issue you care so much about. You’re being manipulated
Your opinion is that the citizens there are lying about the Haitians. What's your theory as to why they're lying?

I posted the original woman saying that she was mistaken, she heard it from her neighbors daughters friend or something, she was wrong and regrets saying it because people like you blowing it out of proportion

Can you show me any sources of police reports of these things happening? Surely there would be lots of them

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I posted the original woman saying that she was mistaken
No you didn't.

You posted one woman apologizing for repeating on social media what other citizens are saying. She also was quoted as saying "I'm not racist", which to me screams, "please leftists, stop sending me death threats".

There are countless citizens there complaining about all the problems caused by the Haitians the Harris Biden administration flooded their community with.

You think they're lying, I've asked you multiple times why you believe they would do that. You don't have an answer. Why is that?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can you show me any sources of police reports of these things happening?
This is a 911 call about third worlders snatching geese out of a public park in a city. No police report was filed about it, which debunks your theory that a lack of police reports proves it's not happening.

This is a 911 call about third worlders snatching geese out of a public park in a city. No police report was filed about it, which debunks your theory that a lack of police reports proves it's not happening.

So no official reports about the cats and dogs and absolutely no police reports at all. Got it

This is from the very article you posted as a source

“The credibility level for such reports has varied — and some have been outright hoaxes — but the attention-grabbing viral claims have been boosted by the likes of Elon Musk and Trump’s running mate, Ohio Sen. JD Vance, which propelled them into the mainstream.”

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This is from the very article you posted as a source

“The credibility level for such reports has varied — and some have been outright hoaxes — but the attention-grabbing viral claims have been boosted by the likes of Elon Musk and Trump’s running mate, Ohio Sen. JD Vance, which propelled them into the mainstream.”
So your claim is the man in the 911 call is lying about the third worlders taking geese out of the public park.

I have asked you 5 times now what reason you believe these people have for lying.

Why are you scared to answer?

Nope.
She apologized for repeating rumors because people like you attacked her calling her racist.
You willingly choose to lie to yourself and remain ignorant and lie, but I’ll just post the information anyways for others to read

“The woman whose social media post helped ignite false claims of pets being eaten in Springfield, Ohio, said Friday the post was based on a rumor and that she feels remorse for the Haitian immigrants.

Erika Lee, a Springfield resident, recently authored a post on Facebook, saying that her neighbor’s cat was lost and she was told it was because the pet was attacked by a Haitian immigrant.

Kimberly Newton, Lee’s neighbor, acknowledged this week to NewsGuard, “I don’t actually know the person who lost the cat.” Newton added that the cat’s owner was “an acquaintance of a friend.” ”

The cat in question returned home safe, was just lost from home

The woman now regrets making the claim