The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Screenshot (3).png

Gonna deny this one.
You made me laugh, but if you go again, I'm probably gonna ban you for a week because I have more important things to be doing on my Sunday than babysitting you.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
While donald the dense is certainly not the same as adolph, the spectacle of his “make america white again” supporters descending on MSG certainly draws comparisons to the Nazi Party rally that filled up the arena just 85 years ago.
Or you can double down on the implications that Republicans are Nazis after I brought up that that was a problem. That's fine too.

Enjoy your time off.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
biased moderators doing the banning is a bit of a problem
See, I've found that those on the right have stopped considering me an ally and think I'm overly ban happy towards them.

And a lot of people on the left here seem to think I'm censoring the liberals only.

So. If everyone thinks it's unfair, I'm gonna assume I'm probably doing OK.

fishtm2001

See, I've found that those on the right have stopped considering me an ally and think I'm overly ban happy towards them.

And a lot of people on the left here seem to think I'm censoring the liberals only.

So. If everyone thinks it's unfair, I'm gonna assume I'm probably doing OK.
you may have a point

fishtm2001

A sampling of the coverage, via TPM:

• NYT: A Closing Carnival of Grievances, Misogyny and Racism
  • Axios: MAGA speakers unleash ugly rhetoric at Trump’s MSG rally
  • Politico: Trump’s New York homecoming sparks backlash over racist and vulgar remarks
  • WaPo: Trump rally speakers lob racist insults, call Puerto Rico ‘island of garbage’
  • NYDN:

Thebrownblob

The main rule seems to involve not criticizing donald.

A sampling of the coverage, via TPM:

• NYT: A Closing Carnival of Grievances, Misogyny and Racism
  • Axios: MAGA speakers unleash ugly rhetoric at Trump’s MSG rally
  • Politico: Trump’s New York homecoming sparks backlash over racist and vulgar remarks
  • WaPo: Trump rally speakers lob racist insults, call Puerto Rico ‘island of garbage’
  • NYDN:
And you outlined the exact reason why the Democrats are likely to lose this election because of framing everything in such a nonsense way.

Interesting they didn’t note that the Trump rally speaker that said Puerto Rico is an island of trash was a comedian and making a joke? Most comedians push the limits.

Box Ox

While donald the dense is certainly not the same as adolph, the spectacle of his “make america white again” supporters descending on MSG certainly draws comparisons to the Nazi Party rally that filled up the arena just 85 years ago.

Do you and the Democrats truly believe that Trump and the Republicans are comparable to Nazis?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
@fishtm2001
The rule is to treat others with respect and courtesy.

This is a forum that was for UPSers and surrounding fields.

Regardless of who your brothers are voting for, you will treat them with basic human decency, or you will leave. Way too many people on here pushing the limits of indirect attacks.

please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation.

When you imply that Donald Trump is Hitler, you are making a lot of statements about the people on here that are choosing to vote for him.

The exact same goes for all of those on the right side that suggest the majority of Democrats are pedophiles, or whatever the BS attack of the day is.

Y'all are gonna play nice, or not at all.

fishtm2001

@fishtm2001
The rule is to treat others with respect and courtesy.

This is a forum that was for UPSers and surrounding fields.

Regardless of who your brothers are voting for, you will treat them with basic human decency, or you will leave. Way too many people on here pushing the limits of indirect attacks.

When you imply that Donald Trump is Hitler, you are making a lot of statements about the people on here that are choosing to vote for him.

The exact same goes for all of those on the right side that suggest the majority of Democrats are pedophiles, or whatever the BS attack of the day is.

Y'all are gonna play nice, or not at all.

It's my patriotic duty.
speaking of patriotism; x.com

Box Ox

It's my patriotic duty.

I mostly want to be clear on what we should all be ready for from the left if Trump wins the election. Calling Trump and half the country Nazis seems like an implied call to violent action if those doing the accusing truly believe it. I don't think @fishtm2001 does truly believe it but it's probably good to ask.