The Canada Report.

rickyb

What does that have to do with occupy wall street? Does Hedges only care about non-citizens being indefinitely detained without due process? Or is he suing over the unlawful detainment of January 6th protesters?

K. Thanks.
that was how the govt reacted to occupy wall street which started a few months before and was shut down by a coordinated violent effort by the federal govt

its for anyone

you might ask why you dont know about this

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
that was how the govt reacted to occupy wall street which started a few months before and was shut down by a coordinated violent effort by the federal govt

its for anyone

you might ask why you dont know about this

The link you posted said the detainment was for Al Qaida supporters. I suppose that could include a small handful of American Citizens who joined or supported Al Qaida or the Taliban. This Wikipedia entry also claims that it gives the military the right to detain journalists based on vague accusations.

My question is, how many journalists or American Citizens were detained under the defense budget legislation that is only good for a year? Are you saying that occupy wall street people were linked to Al Qaida or the Taliban and indefinitely detained?

I'm not saying, nor would I ever suggest, that the government doesn't do shady stuff. Just give me some examples of what you are talking about here so I can determine if it's legit. And if you say Assange, I'm going to have to remind you he is being held in the UK and charges that were manufactured with the assistance of a US intelligence asset, awaiting potential extradition to the US. So, you'd have to explain to me how that fits in with the NDAA story.

rickyb

The link you posted said the detainment was for Al Qaida supporters. I suppose that could include a small handful of American Citizens who joined or supported Al Qaida or the Taliban. This Wikipedia entry also claims that it gives the military the right to detain journalists based on vague accusations.

My question is, how many journalists or American Citizens were detained under the defense budget legislation that is only good for a year? Are you saying that occupy wall street people were linked to Al Qaida or the Taliban and indefinitely detained?

I'm not saying, nor would I ever suggest, that the government doesn't do shady stuff. Just give me some examples of what you are talking about here so I can determine if it's legit. And if you say Assange, I'm going to have to remind you he is being held in the UK and charges that were manufactured with the assistance of a US intelligence asset, awaiting potential extradition to the US. So, you'd have to explain to me how that fits in with the NDAA story.
its unrelated to wikileaks as far as i know. that was just pure lawlessness

NDAA would apply to anyone american or not as far as i recall

..."that the NDAA arms the U.S. military with the ability to imprison indefinitely journalists, activists and human-rights workers based on vague allegations.[8]"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

..."that the NDAA arms the U.S. military with the ability to imprison indefinitely journalists, activists and human-rights workers based on vague allegations.[8]"

You’ve been awfully defensive of your country for the last few weeks. Not liking Canada being in the negative spotlight are you?

Box Ox

Does that mean you’re not a sex criminal? I’m confused….Lol

I am not. Didn't think that was a question worth answering since it came from the mind of a schizophrenic cross-dressing Canadian anarcho-communist who's been factually owned by me more times than I care to count. :)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Right, I read that claim. But did anyone get imprisoned under those terms? That legislation is only good for a year, as it establishes defense budgeting. I'm not saying they don't slide other stuff into unrelated legislation, because they do, but there had to have been better bills to tack something like that onto.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I am not. Didn't think that was a question worth answering since it came from the mind of a schizophrenic cross-dressing Canadian anarcho-communist who's been factually owned by me more times than I care to count. :)

Just because you haven't been convicted doesn't mean you're not a sex criminal. :wink-very:

rickyb

Right, I read that claim. But did anyone get imprisoned under those terms? That legislation is only good for a year, as it establishes defense budgeting. I'm not saying they don't slide other stuff into unrelated legislation, because they do, but there had to have been better bills to tack something like that onto.

this was written in 2017 so i assume its still on the books

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

this was written in 2017 so i assume its still on the books

So, no one until the January 6th protesters? Got it. They were so scared Trump would use it, when it was Obama who signed it into law, and Biden who's been using it? BTW, these people need to stop reporting on this stuff like these laws are legitimate. Unconstitutional laws are void.