newfie

The police chief is more politician than cop. He doesn't want to see his city burn (again). You also need to keep in mind the defense hasn't had their turn yet so of course the prosecutiNon is going to try to make him look guilty. The choke hold was still allowed and all they can question is his judgement.
NBC reported the choke hold was used 237 times since 2015 by his police department and resulted in 40 perps being rendered unconcious . the police chief is culpable and should be the one standing trial.

Box Ox

sorry i meant to say convienient for hte cop

"Convenient for the cop" seems to imply that you already know Chauvin's knee killed Floyd and not the fentanyl he swallowed, which is 25-50 times stronger than heroin and 50-100 times stronger than morphine.

rickyb

"Convenient for the cop" seems to imply that you already know Chauvin's knee killed Floyd and not the fentanyl he swallowed, which is 25-50 times stronger than heroin and 50-100 times stronger than morphine.
no thats not what i mean, what i mean is looks like the cop is in a sticky situation right now, and that fact could get him off scott free to terroize another minority again

Box Ox

no thats not what i mean, what i mean is looks like the cop is in a sticky situation right now, and that fact could get him off scott free to terroize another minority again

"About 2–3 milligrams of fentanyl can be lethal. That’s roughly the size of 5–7 grains of salt."

carfentanil_image-via-DEA1.jpg

rickyb

Good. Should there still be nationwide riots after the Chauvin verdict is read if the prosecution can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Floyd's death was caused by the knee and not this stuff?
yes but not for this case. police are out of control in america and its a system of control

Babagounj

Strength through joy
yes but not for this case. police are out of control in america and its a system of control
I hear ya.
It's time for vigilantes to come forward.
There is no need to have police patrolling our streets when a bunch of liquored up armed civilians can make all the problems go away.

rickyb

I hear ya.
It's time for vigilantes to come forward.
There is no need to have police patrolling our streets when a bunch of liquored up armed civilians can make all the problems go away.
the debate is not as simple as that as much as you wish it was. fbi knows about kkk infiltration of us police depts.

rod

Retired 23 years
Good. Should there still be nationwide riots after the Chauvin verdict is read if the prosecution can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Floyd's death was caused by the knee and not this stuff?
It don't matter what the verdict is. The morons are lining up already to get their free Nikes and flat screen tvs. 99% of those who say they are so concerned don't give a crap about George Floyd. All they want to do is loot and burn stuff.

El Correcto

god is dead
It don't matter what the verdict is. The morons are lining up already to get their free Nikes and flat screen tvs. 99% of those who say they are so concerned don't give a crap about George Floyd. All they want to do is loot and burn stuff.
They could drag Chauvin out to the town square and lynch him and the morons would still burn down Minneapolis.

rickyb

no i dont think so

Box Ox

Yes it does @Wally. Just like if he put a bullet in his head, you can't claim oh he was going to die anyway cuz he had drugs in his system.

If you put a bullet in someone's head, there is usually immediate and fatal damage to their head. So the drugs as a cause of death question would indeed be irrelevant.

I haven't heard about any fatal damage to Floyd's neck or windpipe. Which leaves open the possibility that it was the drugs that killed him.