MAKAVELI

Yeah, turns out the media lied, and the mob is wrong. I realize simple things like truth and justice don't mean much to you. If it weren't for the lies and rioting, Chauvin would be serving 10 years for manslaughter. Now he'll probably walk.
How many years did Mehserle serve?

rickyb

Not when the mob is wrong, and they usually are. They are easily manipulated by those same politicians. You think it's the mob with the power, but it's the people pulling the mob's strings that have the power.
no its the mob with the power ie we the people, not we the corporations

when ppl are passive at their homes doing their jobs and consuming, then its the ppl with the big money controlling politicians in power.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes it does @Wally. Just like if he put a bullet in his head, you can't claim oh he was going to die anyway cuz he had drugs in his system.
The question is, what killed him? The answer isn't so clear cut. Most of the blame rests on Floyd. He doesn't resist and he's at the hospital getting treatment.

oldngray

nowhere special
The question is, what killed him? The answer isn't so clear cut. Most of the blame rests on Floyd. He doesn't resist and he's at the hospital getting treatment.
He kept resisting because he was whacked out on drugs but the responsibility for that is on him. All the cops knew was he kept resisting.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He kept resisting because he was whacked out on drugs but the responsibility for that is on him. All the cops knew was he kept resisting.
I'm pretty sure they knew he was on drugs and possibly overdosing, which is why they radioed and upgraded the ambulance request to critical. They were just trying to keep him from harming anyone, including himself, until the ambulance arrived.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm pretty sure they knew he was on drugs and possibly overdosing, which is why they radioed and upgraded the ambulance request to critical. They were just trying to keep him from harming anyone, including himself, until the ambulance arrived.
And the ambulance got lost on the way creating a longer delay.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I think the picture of Chauvin with his knee on Floyd's back should be the subject of further inquiry. The neck was bad optics, the knee on the back could have actually made it hard enough for Floyd to breath, considering the OD, that he died sooner than he might otherwise have. Floyd might have survived long enough to get meaningful medical treatment otherwise. Hard to say though.
Who wanted that?

rickyb

they thought he was resisting hte whole time? all 9 minutes? the own police chief said it was a violation of policy to do that after floyd stopped resisting.

El Correcto

god is dead
01100545-158E-47D1-AA6B-CE5A9B20FAE0.jpeg

I don’t get why the officer in the middle who is applying pressure to Floyd diaphragm isn’t called into question for contributing to his death. I don’t believe Chauvin sat there applying fatal force to Floyd’s neck or even at the right angle to cause serious damage or smother the man to death.

I think it’s because they don’t have a case against that officer because Floyd’s breathing was compromised by opiates and that isn’t a gray area or bad for optics place to have your knee.

Poop Head

Judge me.
they thought he was resisting hte whole time? all 9 minutes? the own police chief said it was a violation of policy to do that after floyd stopped resisting.
He didnt stop resisting. Its like when a pitbull gets lockjaw. When a black man starts resisting, he cant stop. Even if he wanted to. Its biological

rickyb

since the police chief said its a violation of policy, why were the cops doing it? were they poorly trained? do they not get tested after being cops?